We also used tools such as Multi Criteria Analysis (MCA), satellite imagery and information on marine vessel access to the various sites, together with coastal engineering expertise, to support the project.
The new site for the OSB had to meet numerous major requirements, including:
- Marine accessibility
- Hinterland network
- National infrastructure masterplans
- Natural hazards
- Construction costs (e.g. soil suitability, land elevation, dredging requirements)
After careful and thorough reviews of the most promising sites along the Myanmar coastline, our experts narrowed the options down to three suitable strategic locations.
We presented the results to the PTSC management board, who shared them with various stakeholders and potential investment partners.
- ClientThe PetroVietnam Technical Services Corporation (PTSC)
- ChallengeResearch suitable location for the new base, taking into account both business (financial) and technical considerations.
- SolutionResearch of the most promising sites along the Myanmar coastline, our experts narrowed the options down to three suitable strategic locations.