Business developer / Project Manager Water Technology International
- Netherlands & Belgium
What you will do as Business
Developer/Project Manager Water Technology International
The main task of the Business Developer/Project Manager Water Technology International is to develop/acquire/manage/sell our consultancy services in the water area (water supply and waste water). Our Business Developer/Project Manager Water Technology International will boost our current order portfolio with additional sales channels and/or niches. You identify opportunities in the global water technology market by combining market knowledge with our current portfolio of export financing institutes. You will play a vital role in the project development and definition phase.
You work closely together with senior international project managers to identify and develop relationships with potential clients like local water companies, governments, partners (like contractors and equipment suppliers), and financing institutes. Your network provides new potential customers and partners.
Additionally, you will manage (complex) international water projects that deliver direct impact to the international SDGs (especially #6). Our context is often complex with multiple stakeholders, separation of beneficiary, and financier. Since we work internationally, language and culture barrier are to be expected. As the Business Developer/Project Manager Water Technology International, you know how to adjust your way in any market and/or country.
Where you will work
Royal HaskoningDHV has been making a world of difference in people’s lives since 1881. As an independent international engineering and project management consultancy, we have been working with clients to successfully deliver projects which contribute to improving living circumstances around the world for 140 years. Our 6,000 colleagues are committed to our promise to enhance society together. We combine global expertise with local knowledge to deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the entire living environment. Our world is in transition. Faced with the challenges created by scarcity of resources, climate change, urban redevelopment, traffic management, technological developments and more, there is a desperate need for new ways of thinking and new ideas.
You will work in our advisory group: Water Technology International. Here, we are global leaders in providing water technology solutions to the world's challenges living with water. Water technology in our definition is water supply, waste water and urban drainage. Our clients and their stakeholders desire solutions to meet these challenges. Examples of challenges are increasing the water efficiency in water scarce cities, realizing a smart waste water sludge treatment infrastructure in large metropoles. These solutions often contain an integral package of our top-class technological water expertise, project development and management expertise, and last but not least the hardware and/or software asset.
As a Business Developer/Project Manager Water Technology International, you will work in a small and dedicated team/advisory group of enthusiastic business developers and project managers. We serve our clients in the public international arena in niche markets: we act as preferred supplier in supporting the Dutch government in international water technology project preparation and implementation, we serve high end clients with advanced solutions, we develop our own projects with dedicated finance instruments, and we support impact investors in de-risking project formulation and implementation.
We can rely on our team capabilities with advanced business developments skills in which we explicitly connect water and finance. Finance is seen as key in serving our clients worldwide, hence we have excellent capabilities present in finance modelling and project finance.
What you bring to the role:
- education: Bachelor’s degree (Bsc) or Master of Science (Msc) in engineering or finance or other similar studies
- ·our ideal candidate has more than 8 years of relevant work experience in the water sector as international project manager/sales with proven business development track record
- experience with project financing plans and contracts
- good sense for commercial business and strong external network and
contacts in the water sector
- commercially sensitive and focused on optimizing business results
- excellent communication skills in order to communicate, present, assert
and speak to all the different stakeholders involved
- willing to travel abroad regularly
- fluent in at least in English and Dutch (other languages are an advantage)
- part-time or full-time (32-40 hours per week)
At Royal HaskoningDHV, we offer a great working atmosphere, working in a team of about 15 fellow project managers and business developers (Water Technology International Advisory Group), all dealing with water, in which organizational and personal development take central stage. Our team is diverse in gender, experience and competences with always a hand to help. Furthermore, you will receive an excellent package of flexible terms of employment.
To mention some of these other benefits:
- good balance between work and private life
- laptop and mobile telephone so that you can work anytime and anywhere you want
- 28 vacation days if you work full-time (40 hours a week)
- a good basic monthly salary and pension accrual via our own pension funds so that everything will be arranged during your retirement
- NS-business card or travel gas reimbursements (when you use your own private car)
- training and development opportunities
- personal budget that you can use for extra vacation days or if you need to buy your own bicycle. If you prefer not to use this, it is automatically paid out at each month
- Bonuses on the basis of company profit
Are you are our new colleague?
We would like to get in touch with you! Click on the application button under the page and upload your CV and motivation letter. For more information, you can contact Michel Riemersma, Director Advisory
Group Water Technology International, at (+31) 6 27399408 or Michelle Spoor at [email protected] Due to GDPR, we are only accepting candidates who will submit their application via the application button.
This position is not yet open for agencies. If you are interested to know what vacancies we have open for agencies, please contact the lead recruiter responsible for these business lines. Meet our lead recruiters here: https://global.royalhaskoningdhv.com/careers/meet-our-recruiters with their contact details. If interested to register to our agency portal, please contact recruitment at [email protected]