CAD Technician - Transport Planning
CAD Technician – Transport Planning
About Royal HaskoningDHV:
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
We have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve.
About Our UK Mobility and Infrastructure
In 2020, Royal HaskoningDHV and ITP joined forces, making available a deeper, richer source of skills, resources, ideas and experience to our clients. The coming together of the two companies to form one team with a shared culture, where knowledge, curiosity and creativity flourish. We challenge each other to achieve our shared ambitions of Enhancing Society Together and Improving the Way the World Moves.
As would be expected in a team which puts sustainability and social responsibility first, in all our work we bring stakeholders together to produce value-added outcomes that enable future-proofed safe and healthy travel for everyone while minimising the use of natural resources. We see ourselves at the forefront of a transport revolution, where people and our needs are at the heart of planning and designing solutions that address the major issues that affect our communities and the wider planet. Our approach is inclusive, informed and challenges the status quo, helping our clients to achieve their objectives and to contribute to a more sustainable future.
The role provides an opportunity to develop your technical design, analytical and communication skills within the Transport Planning team. You will be expected to assist in the preparation and amendment of a variety of technical and non-technical drawings using a variety of packages such as AutoCAD, GIS and Adobe.
You’ll be intrinsically curious about how
transport interconnects with society and the environment, and be motivated to
become technically excellent. Our CAD Technicians are a core part of our high performing
team and as such you will gain considerable experience on a variety of
interesting and challenging projects; large and small.
- Technical support to the Transport Planning team and particularly to our Development Planning and major infrastructure team which focuses on EIA projects. Typical projects may include:
- Construction haul route layouts and concept compound design;
- Preliminary access designs and street hierarchies for strategic land sites;
- Swept path analysis for residential developments across the UK.
- Preparation of a range of drawings such as access junction layouts, street hierarchies, swept path analysis and informative drawings.
- The preparation of 2D and 3D (preferable) drawings in support of our transport planners.
- Confident use of associated AutoCAD software packages such as Autotrack
- Conform to quality systems and procedures and ensure our projects’ drawing comply with relevant BEP requirements.
- Responsible for drawing issues and maintaining drawing control registers for projects
- Create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by architects and designers and make modifications to existing drawings;
- Preparing simple reports and effectively explaining design solutions to the team members;
- GIS skills would be desirable, or should be willing to learn new skills
- Liaise with architects, engineers and designers to understand their design requirements and provide technical advice;
- Conduct site visits and surveys when required
This role might be right for you if:
- You are a good team player to contribute to a dynamic group.
- You are proactive in producing technical work and / or qualitative analysis with some direction from project managers, transport planners and other colleagues;
- You can deliver work on time to the required quality
- You are confident with CAD and can prepare preliminary highways design drawing on the relevant design standards and guidance documents;
- You are proactive and an independent learner
- You have good attention to detail in generating accurate work
- You can prioritise a busy workload and the demands of project managers
What we can offer you:
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life