Project Manager Multinationals
Making a difference in people’s lives while you work with clients to successfully deliver projects. As Project Manager Multinationals you will become part of the combination between global expertise and local knowledge. That is how you help deliver a multidisciplinary range of consultancy services for the entire living environment!
What you do as Project Manager Multinationals
As a Project Manager you are expected to deliver total success to allocated projects in green- and brown-field manufacturing environments. You will be leading and managing multidisciplinary teams and act as the single point of contact to the client.
In the current business environment, multinational clients are increasingly requesting us to develop business cases together with them in which engineering is fully integrated. These business cases subsequently are translated into conceptual design studies and master plans. As a Project Manager, you understand our client´s primary processes. You support business development as well, hence you are expected to have a personal network of potential clients and you have the commercial skills to develop accounts into sustainable repeating business. Your main responsibilities consist of:
- Managing and leading large-scale projects in a multi stakeholder environment throughout a complete project life cycle, supporting our multinational clients to makes the best value decisions;
- Developing, leading and managing the team during project development and delivery;
- Initiating projects together with clients, coordinate stakeholder input, analyse and appraise production solutions, prepare project briefs and business cases and gain the necessary approvals within the client’s organization;
- Being in charge of all project controls: e.g., planning, cost control, project administration and contract management;
- Operating in an international context and anticipate short-, medium- and long-term travel.
Where you will work
Royal HaskoningDHV is a global engineering, project management and consultancy firm, with 6,000 colleagues in 140 countries. Together we work on projects that have a positive impact on people, our living environment and the economy. With the Business Line Industry & Buildings we serve a broad, international market. Within the Business Line there are projects within various markets, among which: real estate, government and education, FMCG, healthcare, transport hubs, healthcare, environment & energy, security and data centres.
You will become part of the Project Management & Consultancy team. A team consisting of highly experienced and solution-oriented project managers and consultants who have extensive experience with large-scale, multidisciplinary projects in various sectors. Our goal is to achieve higher productivity and lower operating costs for our clients through technical optimization. Together with our customers, we place projects in a broader perspective. We have a clear vision of the built environment. The impact of the built environment goes beyond pure functionality and also affects the quality of life. Recent innovations are most effective in new buildings, and the benefits are measurable. But what about existing buildings? Renovation, refurbishment or conversion of existing buildings brings new challenges. And sustainable solutions require smart thinking.
Every project has its own individual challenges, be it budgets, logistics, timing, materials or people. That is why we offer a dedicated and tailor-made approach for each project. In this way we ensure that every project comes to a successful conclusion, from the first concept to the final delivery.
What you bring
As Project Manager Multinationals we expect you to be a qualified professional, and project management certifications are desirable (e.g., IPMA, Prince). With your proven track record in managing medium and large-scale projects, you have built a strong, high level international network within the food & beverage, pharmaceutical or other manufacturing sectors. An international mindset and willingness to travel for short-, medium- and long-term assignments are important in this role, which is why an international CV would be desirable.
Within this role we expect you to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effortlessly adjust yourself in an international and culturally diverse environment and able to act as coach and mentor for other staff. You must be able to build and maintain a trusted advisor status at director level with clients. As an entrepreneur with strong business acumen and sound understanding of business financials with a clear market drive, a focus on clients and the client’s network recognizing profitability and revenue potential in business opportunities. You also stay aware of international standards and developments in the fields of health and safety and sustainability and actively promote these in your projects.
Furthermore, you have:
- A background from a Technical University (civil, mechanical);
- Over 8 years of experience in the management of multidisciplinary engineering and construction projects, preferably in the food & beverage, pharmaceutical or other manufacturing sectors;
- Affinity with process (engineering);
- Excellent knowledge of the English language;
- Previous employment by a manufacturing company, which would be an advantage.
You will be based in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Nijmegen, or Eindhoven. As our clients are based all over the Netherlands and internationally, flexibility towards traveling is expected.
What we offer you
At Royal HaskoningDHV we offer a great working atmosphere in which organizational and personal development take central stage. Our assessment and rewarding process will always be based on your personal competences. Furthermore, we offer:
- A great work-life balance, including a company laptop and phone, so you can work wherever and whenever you want;
- 28 vacation days with full-time employment;
- Besides the development opportunities in the most beautiful and challenging projects, we also offer you:
- A competitive primary salary and pension accrual through our own pension fund;
- Plenty of training and development opportunities.
Are you our new colleague?
Then we would like to meet you! Apply via the button below, or if you have any questions please send them to Frank van der Velden, Lead Recruiter Multinationals, at [email protected].Hashtags: #LI-FV1