Senior Consultant Digital Industry
We connect the physical and digital world at a rapid pace. In collaboration with our clients and partners, we combine our deep domain knowledge on the industry sector with the latest digital technologies such as digital twins. We turn reactive decision-making into proactive problem-solving. And as a Senior Consultant Digital Industry in for the APAC region, you can be part of this!
What you do as senior consultant digital industry for the APAC region?
This new position characterised by a leading role in delivering value for clients and a strong commercial flavour.
The industry sector is facing severe challenges. There is need to become more agile and customer centric, to improve sustainability performance, to increase speed and productivity and design and implement more resilient supply chains. Increasingly digital and data are seen as one of the keyways to deal with these challenges.
Therefore, at Royal HaskoningDHV Digital help Clients in the industry sector (FMCG, Food & Beverage, Pharma) to define digital strategies and implement those at sites, supply chain and portfolio. This includes services around smart factory design, development of digital twin strategies and models and optimization of sustainability performance based on AL/ML. In this we enable industries to get most value out of the concept of Digital Twins, including unlaying and related technologies and capabilities like Data Science, Machine Learning, Data Engineering, Enterprise architecture, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Internet of Things and Cloud technology.
To deliver these projects across the globe, we closely collaborate with our over 1000 colleagues globally in the engineering and consultancy business of Royal HaskoningDHV.
As senior consultant digital industry you will be responsible for delivery and pre-sales support in the above-mentioned services. Defining (conceptual) smart factory solution design approaches based on the client’s business/digital transformation strategy, as well as leading and delivering the defined scope is also part of your work.
By doing so you will support our clients with new technology/ digitalisation road mapping and IIoT business case modelling for manufacturing clients to manage digital transformation of processes mainly related to facilities, assets & utilities and in the context of greenfield/ brownfield engineering projects.
Other responsibilities include that you play a critical role in helping large manufacturers understand and anticipate relevant changes and design and execute the necessary transformations to innovate and stay competitive. And you position yourself as an orchestrator of cutting-edge technologies to enable these transformations (IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Digital Twin, Digital Simulation, Edge Computing, etc.).
Key activities of the role:
- Actively participate in building a regional digital transformation practice for the Digital Industry, incorporating best practices you have gathered in previous roles, in the sector and within other regions and business units in Royal HaskoningDHV Digital.
- Project delivery (70% of your time on average)
- Lead at a senior level projects to ensure delivery and client satisfaction. Both from a process and content perspective;
- Define project teams and work with them to deliver and manage team within scope of project from a time, quality and cost perspective;
- Identify opportunities to expand client relationships with projects to other services and opportunities;
- Project can be in the APAC region, but also at global level (together with colleagues around the globe).
- Business development activities (30% of your time on average):
- Identify market opportunities where RHDHV can support industry in digital transformation and digital twin;
- Contribute to value proposition development, working together with the virtual industry team and methodologies developed in other industries;
- Participate in thought leadership activities on request (like webinars, conferences) to represent RHDHV;
- Reach out to your existing networks and closely work with Ruud to introduce this service to RHDHV clients;
- Manage the business development and sales process, following from leads and opportunities;
- Proposal development and where required contract negotiations, supported by Ruud and specialist staff (finance, legal etc).
- Team development: work together with the regional and global team to build the right mix of capabilities and seniority levels to ensure proper business growth.
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities where appropriate.
- Impact on society via our projects. We are rolling out an internal methodology to measure our impact, in line with our purpose of Enhancing Society Together.
- Business growth: proposition development resulting into sales.
- Project delivery: client satisfaction, project results.
- Overall performance of local team (added value per employee, EBITA result), when team grows.
Reporting lines and collaboration structure:
- Direct manager: Global director Digital Twins
- Part of local digital industry APAC team, related to supply chain, logistics and simulation and in commercial activities
- Part of global virtual digital industry team: involved in weekly sales calls and bi-weekly value proposition development alignments to exchange best practices and global account strategies
- Actively engage with key stakeholders in the industry & building business line from an account management and capability perspective, regional and globally
- Where appropriate collaborate with other colleagues in the Singapore office (H2I, Maritime business)
About the teamThe digital consultancy team at Royal HaskoningDHV Digital consists of 120 employees in the Netherlands, UK, and Singapore. We provide consultancy services related to digital transformation (like digital strategy, enterprise architecture, and data services like in-depth training, data strategies, and implementation). We develop bespoke data solutions around domain-specific areas like smart infrastructure, water, energy systems and climate. Our team consists of business consultants, enterprise architects, GIS – and data engineers, and data scientists. As part of the growth strategy for this unit, we are looking to strengthen the team with a Smart Factory (Design) Consultant.
Next to these consultancy and data solutions services, our colleagues in the software unit provide domain specific software around water, supply chain resilience and predictive software.
What you bringAs a Senior Consultant your background includes a degree related to Process engineering, Chemical engineering, IT, Computer Sciences or a related study with specialization in Food & Beverage, consumer goods applications and regulations. You have experience with automation system integrator beside end-user (client-side) and multi-partner projects and subcontracting, previous consulting experience would be a plus.
For this role experience with manufacturing operations management processes (continuous, batch, discrete production). As well as with define-design and project management/ implementation of manufacturing operations management systems (WMS/MMS/MES/MOMS) or other IT implementations at Level 3, 4 in an industrial environment is required. Furthermore, you have:
- The ability to map the information streams of the manufacturing operations process according to the ISA standards (ISA-88 / ISA-95);
- Familiarity with the traditional industrial automation technology stack and proven experience that combine ‘legacy systems’ with latest technology & innovations related to digital manufacturing edge, IIoT, and Industry 4.0;
- Good knowledge of scrum and an Agile way of working.
As part of your technological background, you have experience with:
- PLCs and OPC Technology;
- HMI, SCADA, DCS, Batch Control Systems / Batch Logic, Process Historians (Time Series Data);
- MOMS: MES, WMS, MMS, I(i)oT, Relational databases and SQL;
- Cloud computing, Data warehousing, etc.;
- Web technologies;
- Reporting tools;
- Python or similar scripting languages;
- Data Analytics / Data Science;
What we offer youWe offer a great working atmosphere, short internal lines, within which collegiality and development of the organization and employees are the most important factors. Rewarding is based on personal competencies and the professional development opportunities are extensive. We also offer:
- An excellent package of flexible employment conditions and a good work-life balance such as flexible working hours and home working options;
- A good salary (depending on seniority and years of relevant experience) and secondary employment conditions.
Are you our new colleague?
We would like to meet you! Please apply with your CV and motivation via de application button. If you have any questions regarding this position feel free to send them to [email protected]
The procedure usually consists of two exploratory conversations (first via MS Teams) and an introduction to the team so that you get a good idea of where and with whom you are going to work. A capacity test can be part of the selection procedure.
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.