Senior Flood Risk Consultant
- Haywards Heath
- Newcastle (UK)
Senior Flood Risk Consultant
About UsRoyal HaskoningDHV, as a multi-disciplinary Company, has an extensive portfolio of clients (Private and Public) across the UK and Globally. Our projects support national infrastructure, development and planning, FCERM and many more within the Water Sector. We have a fantastic career opportunity for an experienced flood risk consultant to join our established team.
The team are a dynamic, innovative, and dedicated group that are happy to help our clients achieve the best possible outcomes. As a company, we’re committed to continually developing and improving our methods and technology and our staff are no exceptions.
The team is made up of Chartered Engineers and Environmental Consultants who boast a wealth of experience having worked in the field and office-based consultancy for many years.
About YouDo you want to be part of a fast-growing team that encourage development of others and build strong client relationships? Do you have aspirations to take that next step as a Consultant? Do you want to mentor, lead on projects, write proposals, manage projects and become a valued member of the team?
We’re looking for a flood risk consultant with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in the rivers and coastal market, with experience of undertaking a range of projects of varying size and complexity. These include Development Consent Orders, Environmental Impact Assessments, as well as supporting private and public sector projects.
Experience / RequirementsThe successful candidate will be a motivated and enthusiastic professional with a minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience. We are looking for someone to help support the growth of the team by strengthening our skillset and capabilities within this sector, whilst providing mentoring to junior staff. You will enjoy problem solving and be innovative in providing solutions to your clients.
A breakdown of key requirements to be successful in this role are;
- Production of Flood Risk Assessments and Flood Risk Emergency Plans of varying sizes and complexities is essential
- Experience of Surface Water Drainage Strategies, is beneficial but not essential
- Experience of supporting DCO / EIA projects, is beneficial but not essential
- Demonstratable knowledge of at least one; NPPF, PPG, TAN 15 and SPP
- Ability to communicate and liaise with other disciplines across the business including hydrologists, ecologists etc.
- Experience of supporting clients and liaising with external stakeholders including Environment Agency, Lead Local Flood Authorities and Internal Drainage Boards.
- Management of projects, including resourcing, budgeting and building client relationships
- Proposal writing, including commercial and technical input to fees, scope and programming.
- Commissioning and managing sub-contractors.
Exposure or Ability of the following software would be advantageous;
- TuFlow/HEC-RAS/Flood Modeller or similar
- Bachelors or Masters Degree (Flood Risk / Planning / Geography / Oceanography/Marine Science/Environment Sciences or Engineering);
- Working towards chartership e.g. ICE or CIWEM;