Senior Marina and Waterfront Consultant
At Royal HaskoningDHV, we have been growing our Marina & Waterfronts portfolio rapidly. The exciting developments allows us to attract an experienced individual to strengthen the team and to allow us to grow further. If you have broad knowledge and experience in the field of Marina and Waterfront Planning and Design, and you are open to a challenging position, this vacancy is for you!
What you will do as a Senior Marina and Waterfront Consultant
You will take a leading role and add experience and knowledge to our Marina & Waterfronts team and work on the various (international) projects as a Marina and Waterfront Specialist or Consultant. Your work will vary from conceptual desktop studies to on-site field studies and client interactions.
You will be responsible for leading and growing our Marina & Waterfront team and business in the Netherlands and worldwide, using your and our network in the sector.
Examples of some of our recent Marina & Qaterfront projects you could also be working on are:
- Master planning of:
- a greenfield superyacht marina in the Black Sea, or
- a high-end marina and waterfront along the popular south coast of Spain
- Consultancy on recreational navigation networks and developments in the Netherlands
- Conceptual design of marina layouts and spatial planning of the waterfront in the South America, Europe, and the APAC regio
- Yachting market assessments in the Middle East
The clients and their projects that we want to target, are located worldwide and we operate in the private and/or (semi) governmental sector.
Team wherein you will be a part of
Maritime The Netherlands
Royal HaskoningDHV is a global company with over 6.000 staff in 140 countries and is active in engineering & design and consultancy. We strive to have a positive impact on people and their environment and on the global economy through the projects we do.
You will work for the Advisory Group Resilience & Maritime the Netherlands. This team consists of around 180 staff, is based in the Netherlands across three offices (Rotterdam, Amersfoort, and Nijmegen) and we excel in a wide variety of services and skills in the fields of climate resilience and maritime developments. We provide our clients, both private and (semi) governmental, with a range of services throughout the various phases of a project: from inception, through master planning, feasibility studies, design work all the way to construction supervision. We have a strong foothold in the Netherlands, but we operate worldwide.
What you bring to the role
The following requirements will make you eligible for the position available:
- A bachelor's degree (BSc) or a master's degree (MSc), preferably in engineering
- A minimum of 10 years experience, preferably gained by working for a company in the marina industry or engineering consultancy firm
- Proven experience with the planning and design of marinas and waterfronts, preferably also with marina management
- Knowledge of developments in the sector
- Knowledge of existing guidelines and regulations regarding the planning and design of marinas and waterfronts
- Knowledge of and experience with project management
- A demonstrable network in the sector, preferably in the Netherlands as well as internationally
- Professional language skills in English (verbal and written), Dutch language is an advantage
We expect the following soft skills from you:
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- A team player with a focus on success and goals
- Good organisation skills
- Dynamic, flexible approach, and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Commercially astute with a strong marketing, growth, and profit orientation
What we offer you
Next to developing the most challenging projects worldwide with a passionate team of specialists in the maritime working field, we also offer:
- Flexible working conditions / work-life balance (laptop and mobile telephone)
- 28 vacation days if working full-time
- A good salary package and pension via our own pension fund so that everything will be arranged when you retire
- Travel reimbursement and/or NS-Business Card
- Training and development possibilities (external and internal)
- Personal budget that you can use to buy extra vacation days or others. If you do not feel like using it, you can also have it cashed out
- Bonuses on the basis of company profit
Are you our new colleague?
We would like to meet you! Click on the application button and upload your CV and motivation letter. Do you have further questions? Please contact Michelle Spoor (lead recruiter Water and Maritime NL) at [email protected]
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated.