Senior Process Simulation Consultant – Energy/LNG/Hydrogen
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital we are connecting the digital with the physical world at an ever-faster pace. In collaboration with our clients and partners, we use the latest digital technologies to translate data into insights and prospects. In this way we structurally support our clients in taking the next step in the continuous optimization and sustainability of their business operations. Our motto: "Enhance Society Together!"
Lanner is a company of Royal HaskoningDHV within the Digital Business Line. Lanner is widely acknowledged as a pioneering leader in predictive simulation and optimisation software and related consulting support. Enabled by a suite of highly visual and quantitative WITNESS and L-SIM predictive simulation technologies, Lanner delivers rapid business transformation and performance improvements that has helped over 1500 of the world’s best firms deliver billions of dollars in business benefits.
Lanner’s technology heritage is complemented by the extensive skills and experience of its consulting services team, which spans multiple industries in the UK, Europe and the USA. While the company are focussed on business excellence and success, we take care of their people, so it’s important that candidates are committed team players.
Lanners LNG logistics Simulator and supporting advisory service provides specialist predictive simulation and optimisation software to LNG customers. We support our clients across the project life cycle to support key decision points.
As a senior member of the Customer Success Delivery team within the Digital Business Unit Software, you will provide consulting services, support software deployment, facilitate customer success and contribute to business development activities across the full range of energy industry clients. This unique role provides an opportunity to work in both the consultancy and software industry, and work with a diverse and experienced team.
This position will cover
a variety of areas including simulation, LNG and/or Refining/Petrochemical
Process, Feasibility Study development including Technical and Economic
Evaluation, Project Concept Development, Additionally, a Principal and/or
Senior Consultant supports the group’s overall sales effort through
proposal/tender preparation, contract negotiation, and other client interfacing
This is a dynamic role, with scope to shape the opportunity for the right candidate.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Pragmatic personality with customer facing skills – you are comfortable communicating at all levels of an organisation and can translate between technical and business language
- Provide consulting simulation services to clients and support software configuration and development
- Lead and manage consultancy assignments with client organizations whilst controlling quality, cost and client satisfaction
- Act and be recognised as a ‘Subject Matter Expert’ in specific expertise in one of the following value chains:
- Liquid Bulk terminals
- Marine logistics
- Support the growth of the business
- Support the develop of the next generation of software solutions for the Marine logistics and Energy industry
- Support simulation projects in other industries such as marine logistics.
The Candidate Should Possess (and Demonstrate Competence in):
- Experience in the LNG supply chain and/or Marine logistics
- Experience in simulation
- Practical high-level consulting – including scoping, selling and delivery
- Excellent communication skills including ability to produce concise reports and presentations appropriate to audience
- Confidence to work at all levels of a client organisation (Board to Technician)
- A desire to expand role and be adaptable to client’s needs
- Ability to contribute to the preparation of proposals, execution plans and budgets
- Awareness to identify new opportunities and leads
- A desire to help develop software solutions.
Qualifications & Attributes
- Primary degree in Chemical Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent
- Knowledge of process simulation
- Significant experience with a specific technical and/or commercial focus in Refining and/or Chemicals industries
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter and motivated to succeed
- Positive and flexible attitude.
- Excellent verbal communication skills for interacting with clients, good cultural awareness.
- Team player
- Flexibility to travel on occasion to support clients.
we can offer you:
One of the best things about joining us is our rewards package. We appreciate the people who work with us, and you can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Medical & Dental Healthcare Plans (Subject to eligibility)
- Discretionary Profit-Related Payment Scheme
- Starting on 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work schemes
We aim to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life