For accurate decision making at any stage of a disaster, a considerable amount of data and information is necessary. Changing circumstances before, during, and after disaster strikes can delay crucial decision-making, which could lead to an increase in costs, damage to infrastructure, and loss of life. Information systems are therefore important instruments used to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of disaster information management.
Information empowers decision-makers to:
- Reduce disaster risk,
- Identify and coordinate resources,
- Synchronise response efforts,
- Increase community safety, and
- Achieve fast, effective recovery outcomes.
Royal HaskoningDHV’s Disaster Information Management System (ZA-DIMS) supports role-players throughout the disaster management lifecycle, from risk management planning through to incident coordination, response, recovery, and rehabilitation. With the ability to coordinate and sustain a multi-stakeholder digital information platform, clients can effectively and smartly manage on-the-ground disaster operations from one place.
- Secure cloud-based solution
- Spatially enabled web portal
- Customisable mobile application - generic form-based data capture tool
- Rapid survey creation
- Online/offline capability
- Geotagged photographs
- GPS location
- Automated reporting
- Integration with third-party applications
- Predefined level of user-access and control
Rapid Assessment Module:
Users can capture assessment data in the field with an Android-based application. Information is automatically uploaded and available to view and edit within the Rapid Assessment Module.
Live Monitoring Module:
Common operating view to monitor assessment teams in the field.
Risk Assessment Module:
Analyse hazards identified and map areas/communities that are most vulnerable.
Risk Reduction Projects Module:
Capturing and maintaining of risk reduction projects.
Automated notifications and early warning dissemination.
Document Library Module:
Sharing of information within predefined groups.
Event Management Module:
Capture new events and complete SASREA checklist.
Our digital systems and tools are complemented by our expert disaster risk management consultancy services, including:
- Disaster Risk Assessments
- Disaster Management Planning, including preparedness plans and evacuation planning
- Disaster Management Centres
- Climate Change Impact Assessments
- Nature-based Solutions