APAC Logistics and Simulation Consultant
- Ho Chi Minh City
A great opportunity to join and shape a new entrepreneurial team focused on providing data-driven solutions our clients across the APAC region. Royal HaskoningDHV is a highly-respected 135+ year old engineering consultancy company with offices in 30 countries around the world. The Digital team is adding new supply chain engineering and industry 4.0 services on top of our existing regional Engineering & Design offerings.
We are looking for an APAC Logistics and Simulation Consultant of Business Line Digital. The working location could be flexible including Singapore, Jakarta in Indonesia and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam.
As our new Consultant, you will understand and capture client requirements, then devise and deliver innovative solutions through simulation modelling, intralogistics & material handling expertise, and professional consultancy skills. You will working with an impressive range of blue chip clients focusing on improving site design and logistics, material handling and automation challenges, and manufacturing processes with your expertise and digital tooling. You will have the opportunity to help define how the engineering industry integrates simulation, digital twin, and other advanced analytics to optimize and de-risk design and operational challenges of clients.
In the position of APAC Logistics and Simulation Consultant, you will:
- Bring experience with hands-on delivery of operational improvement within a manufacturing, operations or supply chain environment to speak the language of our clients
- Be a lead expert on logistics, automation, and warehousing topics
- Bring some practical previous experience from industry or logistics consulting and solution design roles
- A degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Systems, etc), Supply Chain, Operations Research, Logistics, or equivalent relevant fields
- Relevant experience in factory or warehouse layout design and optimization, material handling and storage automation solutions, and site intralogistics optimization
- A strong statistics and analytical skill set – you are able to manage large data sets, map important processes and draw insights and conclusions from your analysis for our clients
- Effective project and client management and communication skills to deliver projects. Entrepreneurial attitude and willing to take on & deliver new challenging client questions
- Preferred candidates with knowledge and experience using discrete event simulation software packages(WITNESS Horizon preferred but also FlexSim or PlantSIM)
- Good to have experience of business and operational improvement concepts (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma)
- Good to have exposure to Industry 4.0 and digital solutions in manufacturing and logistics environments
We require candidates to be based in and have proper work permits in one of the locations listed above.
If this role sounds like the right challenge, we are interested in hearing from you. Please apply with a CV and short motivation letter.