Azure Data Engineer
Enhancing society by applying and developing your data engineering skills. That is what you will do as Data Engineer. And that while being part of an open network, which connects you with innovative technologies. Come work with the brightest and smartest people around the world!
What you do as Data Engineer
As Data Engineer you will be part of our rapidly growing software development team and will extend our Azure Data Platform with additional features and improved scalability. As your main responsibility you will be writing and deploying Python and Terraform code, as well as Azure pipelines that maintain thousands of deep learning model instances. During this you will also work on applying industry standard monitoring tools to cope with this level of scale. Furthermore you:
- Will be working at the intersection between engineering and data science;
- Will mainly be responsible for designing and implementing extensions of our data engineering architecture for improved scalability or additional features. These include data lakes, databases, and batch and streaming IoT pipelines;
- Are relied on for the identification of new technologies and integration them into our solutions and way of working;
- Contribute to our strategy in Data and Machine Learning Engineering.
Where you will work
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital, we combine more than 140 years of technical experience with the latest digital technologies. This way we help clients across a range of sectors thrive in our complex and dynamic environment. Our people want to make a positive change to the future and leave a legacy for generations to come. Hence our motto: ‘Enhancing Society Together’!
You will become part of the Aquasuite Team that consists of over forty motivated experts in the fields of drinking water, wastewater, water transport, data science, system engineering and ICT. We innovate through collaboration. Within our team, every colleague is a source of inspiration and has the ability to make a difference. Together, we are building a future to be proud of.
The Aquasuite platform allows us to help our clients obtain complete, real-time insight into their entire water and/ or wastewater network and treatment system. Aquasuite operates worldwide to ensure fewer leakages, reductions in energy and chemical consumption, and better water quality with lower costs. Using data science, real-time control and decision support, the Aquasuite platform helps solve global water problems, both on-site and in the cloud. It is a robust and proven platform to which with hundreds of water systems around the world are connected.
What you bring
In the position of Data Engineer, we expect you to have relevant experience in data analytics platform technology like event hubs, cosmos db, serverless functions (preferably on Azure), Azure Machine Learning and containers/Kubernetes. You are proficient in Python, SQL, NoSQL and preferably C#, have experience in Azure DevOps, CI/CD, and are used to working in an Agile/Scrum team. Furthermore you:
- Have over 3 years of relevant experience with Data and Machine Learning Engineering;
- Write unit tests and build automated deployment pipelines, which are part of your default way of working;
- Are relied on by junior colleagues for guidance in their professional development;
- Preferably have one or more relevant certifications for Microsoft Azure;
- Are fluent in English is a prerequisite, since we operate in an international setting, but Dutch language is would be nice to have as well.
What we offer you
When joining our team, you will work with smart and like-minded colleagues with a passion for water management. In this diverse and growing team of enthusiast colleagues you will make a positive impact together and celebrate successes! Your growth is important to us as an organisation, that is why we offer you plenty of growth opportunities with your peers, organised in Digital Hubs also known as ‘guilds’. Furthermore, we offer you:
- Flexibility in your working hours and working place. You can work from home or from one of our many offices;
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise through courses, hackathons, workshops, and boot camps;
- Countless career opportunities within our international company that employs 6000 people in 140 different countries;
- A well-stocked backlog of cool user stories;
- A good salary (min Euro 2.961 – max Euro 4.940, depending on seniority and years of relevant experience).
Are you our new colleague?
Then we would like to meet you, apply directly through the application button! We are always available for an informal chat, a demo or a day’s shadowing. If you have any further questions, please contact [email protected].
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.