Back-end Developer and Implementation Architect - Digital Twin Suite
What is the RoyalHaskoningDHV Digital Twin Suite?
Our world is changing, quickly. Rapid innovation and widescale digital transformation are producing new challenges for organisations in every sector. But along with these challenges come new opportunities. Digital twins have the potential to radically transform the way we think and operate as a society - providing the insight and agility needed to turn reactive decision-making into proactive problem-solving.
Driven by real-time data, a digital twin is a virtual mirror of a real-world asset, process or entire system, like a supply chain or city. This mirror provides insight into how that asset behaves under a variety of predicted or simulated conditions, helping you to improve decision-making, optimize processes and manage risk for business resilience and competitive advantage. By uniting these digital twins with the technologies that help us to visualize and analyses data, we can improve efficiency, lower costs, and develop more informed solutions to today’s big societal and environmental challenges.
The goal of the Digital Twin Suite is to integrate and productize Royal HaskoningDHV Digital Twin software capabilities, making it possible to deliver more software services to more clients. Digital Twin Suite is part of the Business Unit Software, working according to SAFe principles (Scaled Agile Framework).
What are we looking for?
As a back-end developer and implementation architect, you are the technical conscience of the Digital Twin team, realizing the integration of RHDHV software services and those of partners. With a focus on solution design and implementation for clients. You will work together with our front-end developers, the different development teams within the Business Unit Software and our platform architect.
Your work will consist of a combination of client specific solution architecture, hands-on development work in integrating and developing functionalities and guidance/support of existing software teams in delivering their part of Digital Twin implementations. As we grow as a team and your role evolves, there will be the opportunity to specialize your role towards either technical (solution) design and architecture or towards product development and implementation.
- Collaborate with customers and project delivery consultants to specify and document requirements and solution design from a technical perspective.
- Develop solution architectures to enable scalable solution development in line with our Digital Twin platform vision and roadmap. Compare and contrast alternative solution designs to drive continuous improvement.
- Work together with our 3D front-end team, and other delivery resource teams, to develop, test, and maintain client solutions.
- Help specify required (changes to) reusable building blocks for the Digital Twin platform.
- Participate in the planning, design and development of these desired generic building blocks.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Good understanding of the design concepts for back-end (cloud) architecture and general software- and data engineering best practices.
- Good communication and organization skills. Able to quickly engage with individuals across different functions. Establish and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Sleeves rolled-up approach.
- Self-driven, innovative and pushes for high-quality outcomes. Enthusiastic to make a difference in an ambitious and growing business.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience as back-end developer. Focus on data engineering (API implementation, data integration, data transformation) in the cloud (preferably Azure) .NET or Java programming skills, preferably with Python experience.
- Experience as a software solutions architect with software in one or more of the following domains:
o IOT/sensor monitoring and analytics
o Simulation software
- Preferably experience with software in Manufacturing or Water domains .
- Fluent English – written and spoken.
- Experience working in Scrum / Agile organization.
What do we offer?
You will work together with smart, like-minded colleagues with a passion for digital. It is a diverse and growing team of enthusiastic colleagues that want to make a positive impact together. We offer you:
- A good salary.
- Flexibility in your working hours and working place. Work from home or in one of our many offices.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise through courses, hackathons, workshops and bootcamps.
- Digital Hubs where you can grow with your peers.
- Countless career opportunities within our international company.