User Experience designer
Who is the Royal HaskoningDHV Digital Twin Team?
Digital twins have the potential to radically transform the way we think and operate as a society - providing the insight and agility needed to turn reactive decision-making into proactive problem-solving.
Driven by real-time data, a digital twin is a virtual mirror of a real-world asset, process or entire system, like a supply chain or city. This mirror provides insight into how that asset or process behaves now, how it behaved in the past and how it will behave under a variety of predicted or simulated conditions. We unite these insights through state of the art user interface technologies (game engine based, 3D (AR/VR) interfaces. These Digital Twins help to improve decision-making, optimise processes, manage risk and develop more informed solutions to today’s big societal and environmental challenges.
The goal of the Digital Twin Team is to integrate and productise Royal HaskoningDHV Digital Twin software capabilities, making it possible to deliver more and better software services to more clients. The Digital Twin Team is part of the Business Unit Software, working according to SAFe principles (Scaled Agile Framework). The market focus of our Business Unit software is Water (solving Global Water issues) and Industry.
What are we looking for?
You are a User Experience designer who will help us to create our Digital Twin Configuration Software that integrates different components, disparate sources of data, models and insights and can deliver to specific needs of both internal and external clients and end-users.
Because we are just getting started with creating this configurator product, we are looking for a UX designer that will help us to specify a user centric product vision & roadmap and can help to specify practical steps in the form of features and stories to be realized.
You have experience working on innovative services that are new to end-users and can really transform the end-user's business. You know how to simplify complexity.
You love to work with customers and end-users to specify their needs and can translate that to practical input to the rest of our team. You will work closely with both product management and the development team.
You will mainly work on a ‘platform’ level, helping to specify and create reusable functionality that can be easily turned into solutions to end-user problems. Next to that you will be helping to specify these end-user solutions that in return give input to the platform roadmap.
You help us to create a great product, by setting up and implementing user-centered design processes and by guiding product development cycles from an end-user perspective:
- Specify end-user personas, their problems and their user journey.
- Helping in specifying our product vision and roadmap (product/feature concepts).
- Specifying user stories and creating high level mock-ups/wire frames as input to our development (UI) team.
- Helping our development team to turn concepts into software.
- Collecting and processing end-user feedback as input to further development.
- Specialist UX designer with a pro-active, entrepreneurial attitude.
- Strategic thinking and a clear vision that you can transfer well. Combined with an agile mindset to grow our product iteratively.
- A real team player, who loves to work on different levels with customers, product management and UI designers/developers.
- Not afraid to stand for your ideas and take the stage to explain or discuss them.
- Minimum of 4 years experience as UX designer or UX lead.
- Experience with B-to-B SaaS software.
- Experience in the water or industry domain.
- (Digital Twin) software for monitoring, controlling or simulating assets and plants.
- Preferably experience with 3D/game engine-based software
You will work together with smart, like-minded colleagues with a passion for digital. It is a diverse and growing team of enthusiast colleagues that want to make a positive impact together. We offer you:
- A good salary.
- Flexibility in your working hours and working place. Work from home or in one of our many offices.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise through courses, hackathons, workshops and bootcamps.
- Digital Hubs where you can grow with you peers.
- Countless career opportunities within our international company.