Business Development Lead Digital
Our world is changing, quickly. Rapid innovation and widescale digital transformation are producing new challenges for organisations in every sector. But along with these challenges come new opportunities. We have the potential to radically transform the way we think and operate as a society—providing the insight and agility needed to turn reactive decision-making into proactive digital problem-solving. And with your leadership and commercial skills you can be a part of this. In an open network, which connects you with innovative technologies and the brightest and smartest people all around the world.
What you do as Business Development Lead
You will be responsible for raising awareness within existing and new customer accounts and converting interest into revenue streams for the Data Solutions teams. Your focus will be on a wide variety of sectors like Water (utilities, regional water authorities), Light Industry, Retail and Travel, Energy and the Public Sector. You will help the team with lead management, proposal preparation, commercial negotiation and contractual arrangements. And by applying a consultive selling approach, you will generate new business and relationships, as well as expand our service portfolio with existing clients in close collaboration with leadership and staff. Furthermore, your responsibilities will be:
- Create prospects, qualify and lead potential opportunities to successful conversion
- Pipeline & tender/bid management and realization of sales target
- Functional management of business developers in Data Solutions
- Coordination and chairman of the virtual market teams, thereby ensuring commercial connections within the business unit and across the business lines
- Proposal management, contract negotiations and strategic tender management
- Commercial strategy building (with business developers) and account management (selection, implementation, monitoring)
- CRM improvement agenda
- Permanent member of the Management Team of Data Solutions and the business unit
You keep an eye on the market and are always aware of trends and factors which impact the needs of our partners and end-consumers so you can align our propositions to the changing needs. And of course, you always stay abreast of competitors’ activities, strategies, solutions capabilities, and value propositions. You ensure effective ‘packaging’ of Data Solutions capabilities in line with customer requirements. This will include identification and development of potential partnership relationships in support of specific account opportunities.
But you do not only keep an eye on the market, also within our organisation you are continuously on the lookout for opportunities. For example, for cross selling within the Business Unit and for commercial cooperation and improvements with the other Business Lines (Mobility & Infrastructure, Industry & Buildings and Water & Maritime). And you will be the primary point of contact for our Marketing & Communication Team.
Where you will work
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital we help clients to define digital strategies and implement those. We enable clients to get most value out of concepts like Digital Twins, including related technologies and capabilities like Data Science, Machine Learning, Data Engineering, Enterprise architecture, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Internet of Things and Cloud technology. To deliver these projects across the globe, we closely collaborate with our over 1000 colleagues globally in the engineering and consultancy business of Royal HaskoningDHV.
As our new Business Development Lead for Data Solutions, you will be working full-time within the Business Unit “Digital Consultancy and Data Solutions” and reports directly to the Business Unit Director. Jointly you will work on achieving pre-set KPIs and goals.
What you bring
With your quick understanding of organisations and ability to apply prior experience in a practical en appropriate manner, you are enthusiastic to make a difference in an ambitious and growing business. You show leadership and are able to quickly engage with individuals across different functions and build rapport and enthusiasm with partners and customers. You are comfortable working with others across the organisation to ensure buy-in and support to ensure a successful sales process. You listen and respond positively to people with differing views and opinions and constructively challenge resistance to change.
Besides that, you have:
- At least 10 years of experience in B2B sales and marketing with regard to digital domain, more specifically towards data science/engineering/complex data issues and digital consultancy
- Experience with managing and facilitating business developers
- A commercial network in the Dutch market of Public & Government (provinces and municipalities) and Transport, travel & logistics (with customers like Schiphol, Rijkswaterstaat, ProRail)
- Track record of successful consultancy and digital solutions sales with clients in vertical sectors across global markets.
- Understanding solutions-selling based around business intelligence and analytics, business process and operational performance improvement.
- Strong, pragmatic self-starter with a high degree of resourcefulness, motivation and initiative.
- Agile in approach and thinking
- Strong engagement and organizational capability with a keen attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in native Dutch and advanced English
- “Sleeves rolled-up” approach
What we offer you
You will work in a professional organisation within a group of high-skilled, likeminded colleagues and appealing (inter) national projects and products. You support these projects in a multidisciplinary environment with experts who are leaders in their field. Your work will contribute to enhancing society together. In addition, we offer good primary and secondary employment conditions as well as excellent opportunities for development in both width and depth. For example, we offer:
- An attractive bonus scheme
- Flexible working conditions
- Opportunities for international professional growth
- Budget and time for personal development and is the possibility to qualify for talent programs at different levels
Are you our new colleague?
Then we would like to get to know you! Apply now using the button below, or if you have any questions, please send them to [email protected].
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.