Business Development Manager
Royal HaskoningDHV (RHDHV) is a worldwide engineering and project management and consultancy firm, with 6000 colleagues spread over 150 countries. Each and every one of us is committed to working with clients and partners on projects that have a positive impact on people, our living environment, and the economy.
We’ve been around for more than 140 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organization of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have the ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners.
About AG Industry & Buildings Indonesia
The AG I&B Indonesia provides engineering consulting and project management services for industrial facilities in the Food & Beverage, pharmaceutical and FMCG markets.
The AG consists of some 70 payroll staff that are mostly office based plus 50 contact staff that works on construction sites. The staff pool consists or architects, engineers, document controllers, modelers, specialists, project managers, construction managers and supervisors. The AG is organized in 3 Project Teams that each deliver complete integrated projects. Next to this and engineering support team provides specialist input and a CM team manages all projects in the construction phase.
Now we are looking for a Business Development Manager reporting to the Director of the AG Industry and Building Indonesia or the Business Development Director in the AG.
Purpose of the role:
- Drive Business Development efforts required to meet the Sales and Profit targets in the AG, in one or more markets for FMCG, F&B, Pharmaceutical, E-commerce or Data Centers, in Indonesia
- Create a sales pipeline of selective projects in the afore mentioned market
- Continuously generate sufficient opportunities/leads required to meet the Sales and Profit targets for Indonesia
- Lead a team in writing winning proposals
- Act as account manager for specific clients
- Analyze market trends and spot opportunities in developing new markets or services in Indonesia, in line with the corporate strategy
- Prepare a Business Development Plan for the specified markets in Indonesia, and manage execution of the plan
- Maintain and develop a professional business network in Indonesia
- Be an active member of our company’s Global Business Development team for the selected markets, and interact with them in APAC regions as well as globally
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree majoring in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Economics or equivalent from a local or overseas reputable University
- 7 - 10 years of experience in design, project management or business development related to build assets in the specified markets
- Track record of successful personal business development activities with multinational clients
- Knowledge of relevant Consultancy and Engineering Services
- Knowledge of and enthusiastic about digital services, simulations, modeling
- Naturally able to proactively engage with new and existing clients, to develop trusted relationship and eventually close business deals
- Able to judge client needs and to translate them into services and contracts
- Have skills to lead and engage a proposal team
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing
- Active and extensive local business network in the specified markets
- Team player who actively engages others in the commercial process, including exposure to clients