Business Development Manager
Royal HaskoningDHV is an independent consultancy that integrates 140 years of engineering expertise with digital technologies and software solutions. As consulting engineers, we care deeply about our people, our clients, and society at large. Through our mission Enhancing Society Together, we take responsibility for having a positive impact on the world. We constantly challenge ourselves and others to develop sustainable solutions to local and global issues related to the built environment.
Business Development Manager
This position will report to the Director Advisory Group Industry & Building Indonesia and functional to Business Development Director APAC.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager / Sales Manager to help us expand our clientele and market: consumer goods (food & beverages), personal & homecare & pharmaceutical. You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with clients.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop, execute and maintain the sales (action) plan for Indonesia as part of the overal BD plan APAC
- Continuously generate client facing time with prospective clients
- Promote the company’s products/services based on market and customer needs
- Lead a team in writing and winning proposals
- Analyze market trends and spot opportunities to develop new business and/or services within existing markets/new accounts or new markets/new accounts
- Maintain and develop a professional business network
- Collaborate with business development & account management team to identify and grow opportunities together for the selected markets/accounts at global, regional and local level
- Prepare sales reports on market and account status and clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives
- Responsible to maintain market, account, contact information & opportunity / proposal pipeline progress
- Proven work experience with consultative selling as a Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Sales Executive or other relevant role
- Demonstrable natural ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level
- Existing network with Multinational cooperation and Asian large locals in the markets:
- Knowledge of consultancy, design & construction services with supply chain networks & industrial assets
- Understanding market trends and themes like sustainability, supply chain and innovation in industrial context
- Solid experience with CRM software and MS Office
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions tailored to customer needs
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree majoring in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or equivalent from a local or overseas reputable University
- Team player who actively engages others in the commercial process, including exposure to clients
- Have skills to lead and engage with proposal and cross-functional internal teams
What do we offer?
- A great working environment and incredible team that is driven to support our clients in challenging and complex challenges
- The possibility to shape, develop and realize new services, products and solutions in line with your vision and drives.
- The opportunity of turning ideas into business whilst building on a strong team, leading in its fields.
- The opportunity to make a difference in a challenging senior position. A great combination of thinking and doing, growth and development, challenge and be challenged.
- You will be part of and drive our transition towards new business and solutions that enhance society together. All embedded in and supported by our company strategy.
- The participation in the cross-company challenge to provide our clients with solutions for innovative and sustainable business.
Royal HaskoningDHV has been making a world of difference in people lives since 1881.Our 6,000 colleagues are committed to our promise to enhance society together. We have an inspiring working environment, and our company culture is characterized by empowerment and accountability. The working location for this role is in Indonesia and you will closely collaborate with colleagues globally.
Are you our new colleague?
Kindly apply by clicking the button below with your updated CV.
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated.