Business Development Manager - APAC
Today’s utilities face numerous new challenges. Rapid urbanisation and population growth are placing a strain on resources, environmental concerns are driving the need for greater sustainability, and digitisation is transforming well-established methodologies. To meet these challenges head-on, firms must adapt now –or risk being left behind.
To further grow our success, we are looking for an experienced business development manager to expand the APAC Water market.
What we doAt Royal HaskoningDHV Digital we are connecting the digital with the physical world at an ever-faster pace. In collaboration with our clients and partners, we use the latest digital technologies to translate data into insights and prospects. In this way we structurally support our clients in taking the next step in the continuous optimization and sustainability of their business operations. Our motto, also in the inevitable Digital Transformation: "Let's Enhance Society Together!"
Where you will work
You will be part of our Aquasuite Team. A team of more than 50 enthusiastic people with a passion for water engineering, data science and software. We developed the Aquasuiteplatform to enable smart control and monitoring of the water cycle. The platform allows us to help our clients obtain complete, real-time insight into their entire water and/or wastewater network and treatment system.
Aquasuite is a proven smart water technology that monitors, analyses, visualises and controls the performance of water and wastewater infrastructure through predictive analytics and machine learning. The water utility has full real-time visibility across their complete water and/or wastewater network and treatment, Aquasuite controls the utility’s day-to-day operations.
Our solution covers all elements of the water cycle including water treatment and distribution, sewage treatment and distribution, leakage and sludge management.
What you do as Business Development Manager
- Ensure that all contracts are negotiated profitably and in line with staffing demands.
- Be providing market intelligence.
- Take responsibility in managing clients, building rapport with them, and helping to maintain long-lasting relationships.
- Be proactive in researching market trends and using this research to identify and execute new business opportunities.
- Be assisting with targeting and development of new opportunities.
What you bring
- Proven and relevant experience as a Business Development Manager with a track record in the water industry (minimum years experience).
- Proven network with water companies.
- Understanding of digital products and services.
- Strong technical understanding, enabling you to explain complex processes to clients.
- Ideally you will hold an engineering degree (it/electrical, mechanical, chemical, or process).
- Knowledge of the smart water market and its competitors would be an asset.
- Ability to develop productive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong and confident presentation skills.
- Tactful, diplomatic and persuasive.
- Highly motivated and energetic self-starter, hands-on approach.
- Willing to travel abroad
What we offer you
You will work together with smart, like-minded colleagues on challenging projects. It is a diverse and growing team of enthusiast colleagues that want to make a positive impact. Besides that, we also offer you:
- A good work-life balance, including a laptop and company cell phone;
- A good primary salary and pension accrual through our own pension fund;
- Lifelong learning by offering you plenty of training & development opportunities;
- Personal budget which you can use to buy extra days off, to buy a bicycle or just to have some additional salary;
- Bonuses based on company profit.
Are you our new colleague?
We would like to meet you! Click on the apply button and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information, you can always contact our lead recruiter Arno van Smeden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.