Business Developer / Senior Digital Consultant Digital Water
Business Developer / Senior Digital
Consultant Digital Water
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you want to be part of the creation of a successful business in the digital industry space?
The digital transformation in Water
We are connecting the digital with the physical world at an ever-faster pace. In collaboration with our clients and partners, we use the latest digital technologies to translate data into insights and prospects. In this way we structurally support our clients in taking the next step in the continuous optimization and sustainability of their business operations. Our motto, also in the inevitable Digital Transformation: "Let's Enhance Society Together!"
As a leading engineering firm in the water sector, Royal HaskoningDHV has been helping society manage water in all its aspects for more than 100 years. We continuously keep up with the major challenges that water management has. And we are proactive! For example, we’ve recognized at an early stage that digitization, IT and a data-driven approach have great potential to meet these challenges. Based on this determination, we have developed a wide range of digital services and products to support our clients in their digital transformation. This digital transformation is now in full swing and the need for this type of digital services and products we offer is growing rapidly.
Last year, Royal HaskoningDHV launched Royal HaskoningDHV Digital. Royal HaskoningDHV Digital deliver both digital consultancy services as well as software based on our deep domain knowledge (for example Aquasuite).
The digital consultancy team consists of 120 employees in the Netherland, UK and Singapore. We provide both consultancy services related to digital transformation (like digital strategy, - implementation, enterprise architecture and data services like in depth training, data strategies and implementation) as well as the development of bespoke data solutions around domain specific areas like smart infrastructure, water & energy systems and climate. Our team consist of business consultants, enterprise architect, GIS – and data engineering and data scientist.
As part of the growth strategy for this unit, we are looking to strengthen the team with a Business developer / senior digital consultant for the Water sector.
This is a position characterized by a strong commercial flavour. You bear ultimate responsibility for the integrated sales funnel for our Digital Consultancy branch within the Water sector, with primary focus on development and delivery of impactful data solutions. Consider - for example - consultancy services in the domains Data Science / Machine Learning, Data Engineering, BIM, Digital Twins, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Internet of Things, Cloud technology, advanced GIS and Remote Sensing technology. But also, custom solutions in Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS or Esri Arcgis is in our scope.
Core tasks of this role:
- To realize our growth ambition in the digital water market based on our data analytics tools and digital consultancy portfolio, with basic growth in the Netherlands and expansion in the United Kingdom. Define, in close alignment with the leadership of digital consultancy and other key players, priority areas, segments and value propositions to focus on in primarily the Dutch water market.
- Further refine value propositions that fit market needs and our capabilities, including validation in the market.
- Commercial activities including the position (with support of marketing) these services in the market, initiated and lead discussion with selected key clients and generate a portfolio of activities.
- Build relevant eco systems from a thought leadership, go to market and technology perspective.
- Lead where a propriate the execution of these projects as strategic advisor or project director.
- Participate and take active role in further definition and building of the team to enable future growth.
What you bring?
We are looking for a combination of relevant experience and competencies:
- You have at least 5-10 years of relevant experience in a sales or (commercial) business development role for (digital) consultancy.
- You are demonstrably skilled and effective in developing leads into concrete quotation requests.
- You are solidly grounded in bid management of larger / more complex quotation processes.
- You are a fast and effective networker with clear communication skills, both internally within the organization where you work, but especially in the market.
- You are strong in building and maintaining relationships with (potential) clients.
- You have demonstrably strong account management skills.
- You know the challenges in the water sector, both nationally and internationally.
- You have a network in the water sector.
- You are familiar with the digital themes of our digital services portfolio (f.e. data science, data engineering, GEO-ICT, dashboarding, software-development).
- You have an independent, pragmatic, result driven and proactive mindset.
- You are capable defining the operational, tactical and strategical challenges from our customers into concrete (software) solutions.
- You are a team player internally: you
know how to motivate the colleagues you need to make the contribution that
What we offer?
We offer a great working atmosphere, short internal lines, within which collegiality and development of the organization and employees are the most important factors. We reward based on personal competences and the professional development opportunities are extensive. We combine this with an excellent package of flexible employment conditions and a good work-life balance such as flexible working hours and home working options.
Are you our new Business Developer / Senior consultant Digital Water? We would like to meet you! Simply upload your CV and motivation letter via the application button.
The procedure usually consists of two exploratory conversations (first via MS Teams) and an introduction to the team so that you get a good idea of where and with whom you are going to work. A capacity test can be part of the selection procedure.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated #LI-DNI