Business Development Manager - Digital Industry
Business Development Manager - Digital
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you want to be part of the creation of a successful business in the digital industry space?
Today’s industrial companies face numerous new challenges. Rapid
urbanisation and population growth are placing a strain on resources,
environmental concerns are driving the need for greater sustainability, and
digitisation is transforming well-established methodologies. To meet these
challenges head-on, firms must adapt now –or risk being left behind.
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital, we combine the latest digital technologies with over 140 years of engineering experience to help clients in various industry sectors like food & beverage and fast mover consumer goods to thrive in this new environment. We can help you expand your capabilities, maximise productivity, gain new insights, and embrace the full potential of industry 4.0.
From boosting capex returns to more efficiently managing assets and operations, our digital services and capabilities can help you prepare for the demands of tomorrow’s industry. Using models, simulations, digital twins, and a methodology of continuous innovation, we can highlight the best ways to improve your assets, processes and systems.
The Dutch industry market is identified as one of the growth areas for Royal HaskoningDHV Digital. To take this growth to the next level, we are looking for a Business Development Manager - Digital Industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for the positioning of Royal HaskoningDHV Digital in the Dutch industry market. You take the lead in the commercial process of acquiring new clients and extend our portfolio of existing Royal HaskoningDHV clients into the digital services space. Initially you will primarily focus on the food & Beverage and Fast-moving consumer good segments, but this can be extended later on.
To do this
successful you need to obtain and maintain long term client relationships with
our key clients by understanding their business drivers. Besides that, you will
be advising our partners on how we add value to their business case. And, you
will focus on closing sales contracts based on your client-specific strategy
The ideal candidate will be apt and experienced in building strong relationships with strategic customers in The Netherlands. You will be able to identify the business drivers and requirements to achieve mutual partnership and customer satisfaction. Your goal is to contribute in sustaining and growing our business to achieve long-term embedded relationships with our clients as a trusted partner who shapes future investments.
You will be closely collaborating with the consultants and expertise of Royal HaskoningDHV Digital. But also, you are part of our global Digital industry team, and where potentially contribute also to international growth.
- Refine the commercial strategy for the Dutch digital industry market based on the overall digital industry plan into a concrete action plan to grow our market share.
- Develop trusted partnerships with a carefully selected portfolio of key clients to ensure we are positioned for new initiatives, projects and programs ahead of our competition.
- Expand the relationships with existing clients by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives.
- Acquire new clients for Royal HaskoningDHV Digital based on marketing efforts and your personal networks
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key clients’ business drivers and build and execute key account strategies.
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers, local account managers and internal teams.
- Resolve any issues and problems faced by customers and deal with complaints to maintain trust.
- Play an integral part in generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships.
- Prepare regular reports of progress and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven experience (>7 years) in commercial roles in the Dutch industry market, preferably in the food & beverage and fast-moving consumer goods sector.
- Strong network with decision makers in the digital industry space in these sectors.
- Experience in sales and providing tailor made partnerships based on adding customer value/satisfaction.
- Clear affinity with Digital and/or related themes like industry 4.0 within the industry sector, like digital twins.
- Affinity with digital developments like data science, predictive simulation, data management and data strategy.
- Experience with EPCM / asset management within an industrial context.
- Open communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels.
- Driven by impact, performance and taking ownership.
- Problem-finding skills by asking the right questions.
- Working as a team player (making each other stronger).
- Co-creating qualities by delivering the best possible result for our clients.
- Continues curiosity, willingness to learn and professional growth.
- BSc/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field is preferred.
- Experience in using Dynamics CRM, LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other CRM software required.
You will work in a professional organization with appealing (inter) national projects and products. You support these projects in a multidisciplinary environment with experts who are leaders in their field. In addition, we offer good primary and secondary employment conditions as well as excellent opportunities for development in both width and depth. For example, we offer an attractive bonus scheme, flexible working conditions and opportunities for international projects and travel opportunities. There is also the possibility to qualify for talent programs at different levels.
Primary location is Amersfoort, The Netherlands.
For more information you can contact Bart Brink, Global Director Digital Twins (email@example.com).
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.