- Ho Chi Minh City
Active in Vietnam since 1985 and established in 1993, HaskoningDHV Vietnam is a 100% foreign invested company of Royal HaskoningDHV and recognized as one of the most prominent leading engineering and consultancy firms with a unique track record of key projects in Vietnam and SE Asia. With offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi and nearly 200 employees, HaskoningDHV Vietnam has carried out numerous projects for the private and public sector, comprising the full scope of engineering and consultancy services for Industrial & Building projects, Maritime & Water Management and Real Estate projects.
The Company is a globally leading service provider in the field of Maritime Developments. We have a strong reputation for designing and managing port developments, shipyards, dry docks, port terminals and other maritime structures. We work on many high profile projects on behalf of public and private developers at locations across the world, making us the first port of call for maritime consultancy. Royal HaskoningDHV is currently ranked as the 2nd largest international marine and port facilities designer (2020 ENR Rating).
Within the Maritime sector, the Vietnam office is identified as one of our Global Delivery Centers from which both the regional market (South East Asia) and the global market will be serviced. This new role of the office requires a rapid expansion of the team in all directions, both in terms of capacity and staff capabilities.
Now we are looking for an ambitious, creative and highly motivated Junior/ Medior Coastal Engineer with details as follows:
- Provide knowledge and experience-based competency in a range of hydraulic and morphologic coastal processes, coastal management, coastal structure design and technical engineering solutions;
- Perform discipline-specific engineering services Coastal Engineering, Modelling and Design engineering services such as: Prepare coastal hydraulic assessment and calculations, metocean data analysis, design calculations and drawings, specifications, feasibility study, review of coastal projects and reports;
- Prepare technical analyses, advice and report on the discipline-specific that meet the Company’s, clients’ requirements;
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the disciplines required to deliver Coastal engineering projects;
- Be a team player and contribute to the performance of our team;
- Other duties: Carry out any duties, which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role.
- Postgraduate qualifications/ specialization in Civil/ Water/ Environmental/ Coastal Engineering;
- 2-5 years experience working on discipline-specific (coastal) projects;
- Fairly good in communication skills (reading, writing, speaking), both English and Vietnamese (Company can offer English Training Course if required);
- Familiarity with coastal analysis, hydrodynamic modelling software (e.g., wave, flow and morphological numerical models) and coastal structure design;
- Interest in working with colleagues throughout Royal HaskoningDHV nationally and internationally in the Coastal;
- Engineering and Modelling disciplines to share information, lessons learned, innovative approaches to problem-solving.
Competencies/ Preferred Qualifications:
- Have technical and practical engineering skills in the relevant disciplines (coastal engineering, numerical modelling);
- Be creative and pro-active to identify issues and find the best engineering solutions;
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Vietnamese and English;
- Be able to consistently deliver high quality, accurate and timely work;
- Be proactive and creative;
- Show independence and performance in all skills and responsibilities;
- Team Player;
- Experience with programming skills e.g., Matlab and Python.
- Competitive salary;
- Annual salary review; profit sharing/ bonus if any;
- 13th month pay;
- Health insurance for staff and family members (your husband/ wife and your children if any); Accident Insurance is offered for the employee only;
- English course for the improvement of speaking and writing skills;
- Multi-Online courses for work-related skills development;
- A positive and professional working environment ; conferences with experts across disciplines.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that The company welcomes applicants who are Final year students/ Fresh graduates having Civil/ Water/ Environmental/ Coastal Engineering degree & good English.