Control System Developer
Applying your skills in an open network of brightest and smartest people around the world, where you are connected to innovative technologies. You will help clients in various industry sectors and be a part of prominent work in AI, software development, data sciences and so much more!
What you do as a Control System Developer?
As a Control System Developer, you will be part of an enthuasiastic development team with Control System Developers and Data Scientists who can help improve your skills . You are going to work together on multidisciplinary features with the other development teams which consist of Machine Learning Engineers, Data Engineers, Domain Experts, Software Engineers and Developers.
Additionally, you will:
- Work on improving our control products in the water sector with respect to energy and process optimization, improving water quality, efficient use of assets and recovery of raw materials, such as:
- Real-time optimal controllers for pump scheduling of water networks to reduce energy use
- Monitor and localize pipe leakage and bursts in drinking water distribution systems
- Optimizing wastewater treatment processes, such as our Nereda, Ephyra or Kaumera technology solutions
- Design and develop state-of-the-art (AI) algorithms to monitor and improve our products, using a combination of machine learning, deep learning, and control optimization. For example, developing algorithms that detect anomalies in sewer systems, such as clogging and sensor failures
- Apply domain knowledge to develop mathematical models of existing infrastructure, such as the relation between energy consumption and pump operation.
Where you will work
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital we are connecting the digital with the physical world at an ever-faster pace. In collaboration with our clients and partners, we use the latest digital technologies to translate data into insights and prospects. In this way we structurally support our clients in taking the next step in the continuous optimization and sustainability of their business operations. Our motto, also in the inevitable Digital Transformation: "Let's Enhance Society Together!"
You will be part of our Water Team in the Business Unit Software. A team of more than 50 enthusiastic people with passion for water technology, hydraulic engineering, data science, and software. We developed the Aquasuite platform to enable smart control and monitoring of the water cycle. The platform allows us to help our clients obtain complete, real-time insight into their entire water and/or wastewater network and treatment system. All over the world Aquasuite improves performance, reduces risks and costs, prevents leakages, reduces energy and chemical usage, while improving water quality. Data science, machine learning and real time control are used to deliver solutions for water challenges. In the last 25 years, Aquasuite has proved itself as a stable and robust solution installed on hundreds of water systems in the world.
In our team, we innovate by working together and we challenge each other to stimulate ourselves to get the best results. Respect for one another and a safe work environment are the foundations our team is built on. Together, we are building a future to be proud of.
What you bring
As a Control System Developer, you recognise yourself in the following:
- You hold a Master's degree in Systems & Control, Signals & Systems, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics / Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or in another relevant area
- 0-5 years of relevant work experience in a technical field that involves software development
- Relevant experience in software development, data analysis, and controller design using Python and/or other programming languages (or willing to learn)
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- You are curious, proactive and want to constantly keep learning
- You work well in an agile team
What we offer you
You will work together with smart, like-minded colleagues on challenging products and software solutions. It is a diverse and growing team of enthusiast colleagues that want to make a positive impact. Besides that, we also offer you:
- A good work-life balance, including a laptop and company cell phone
- 28 holidays based on a 40-hour work week. Rather work 32 or 36 hours? That can be discussed!
- A good primary salary and pension accrual through our own pension fund
- A workplace in our office in Amersfoort with the possibility to partly work from home and travel allowance or a NS-Business Card
- Lifelong learning by offering you plenty of training and development opportunities
- Personal budget which you can use to buy extra days off, to buy a bicycle or just to have some additional salary
- Bonuses based on company profit.
Are you our new colleague?
We would like to meet you! Click on the apply button and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information, you can always contact Veera Hyytiainen, Recruiter Digital, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.