want to enhance society by applying and developing your data modelling skills?
Do you want to be part of an open network, which connects you with innovative
technologies and the brightest & smartest people all around the world?
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital, we combine the latest digital technologies with over 140 years of engineering experience to help clients in various industry sectors to thrive in this new environment. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. By joining our data science team, you are part of our industry-leading work in AI, software development, predictive modelling, data science, and so much more.
About the team
For data to tell the perfect story, it needs to be modeled to perfection. Together we have the ambition to realize actionable foresights for smarter designs and better processes within cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. Your home will be the Resilience Suite, working with climate risk and hazard data and models. We stay up to date by closely monitoring the latest developments in our field. We learn from and with each other during our nerd sessions and boot camps and by attending interesting conventions. In this manner, we maintain our state-of-the-art knowledge and expertise.
What is the role all about?
The Data Modeller designs, implements, and documents data architecture and data modelling solutions, which include the use of relational, dimensional, and databases. These solutions support enterprise information management, master data management, business intelligence, machine learning, data science, and other business interests. You will partner with Product Owners to understand comprehensive business processes, strategies, standards, and source systems in order to develop master data solutions seeking to create and improve our data modelling approach. You will be working with a Scrum Team of systems analysts, process analysts, and software engineers.
As being our data modeler, you are at the heart of all we build. The amount of data to manage in the company and in the interest of our customers grows exponentially. This makes the role of Data Modeller a fantastic career opportunity.
What you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s degree related to Computer Science or another relevant academic subject area with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Skills on conceptual design, abstract thinking, user communication and internal communication.
- Being a team player with a fresh a positive attitude.
- Love and passion for data and data modeling.
- Ability to create, optimize and update logical and physical data models.
- Ability to analyse data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Confidence to guide colleagues on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Seeks to improve efficiency and performance of existing data models.
- Experience with data warehouse, and/or enterprise big data platforms in cloud environment.
- Understand SAFe as a scaled agile delivery methodology and experience working in a Scrum Team.
- 2+ years providing metadata management and data modelling.
- 5+ years of hands-on relational, dimensional, and/or analytic experience (using data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols?).
- Technical background in and experience with MLFLOW, Python,
Terraform, Kubernetes or Docker. Experience with Spark and HPC (Hig
Performance Computing) is a pré.
What we offer?
You will work in a professional organization with appealing (inter)national projects and products. You support the growth of our products in a multidisciplinary environment with domain experts who are leaders in their field. Your work will contribute to enhancing society together. In addition, we offer a good salary (min Euro 2.961 – max Euro 4.940, depending on seniority and years of relevant experience) and secondary employment conditions. We offer excellent opportunities for your professional development and we value a good work-life balance with flexible working conditions.
Interested? Apply now by sending in your CV and motivation letter.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated. #LI-DNI