Data Analyst – Ports & Container Terminals
- United Kingdom
Do you want to enhance society by applying and developing your skills? Do you want to be part of an open network, which connects you with innovative technologies and the brightest & smartest people all around the world?
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital, we combine the latest digital technologies with over 140 years of engineering experience to help clients in various industry sectors to thrive in this new environment. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. By joining our data science team, you are part of our industry-leading work in AI, software development, predictive modelling, data science, and so much more.
About the team
Together we have the ambition to realize actionable foresights for smarter designs and better processes within ports and container terminals. Your home will be the data science practice, from which you will work closely with our Smart Ports (based in the UK & NL) and our Digital team. We have a growth ambition and stay up to date by closely monitoring the latest developments in our field. We learn from and with each other during our nerd sessions and (mental) boot camps and by attending interesting conventions. In this manner, we maintain our state-of-the-art knowledge and expertise. You also work closely with the Smart Ports team and participate in bi-weekly stand-ups.
We are looking for an experienced data analyst from the maritime sector with working experience within a port or container terminal environment who, together with our team, wants to take responsibility for realizing data science solutions.
What you bring to the table?
- Relevant working experience within a port or container terminal environment (‘must have’ criteria).
- For this role it is essential that you have 3+ years of work experience as a data analyst, data scientist, machine learning engineer or similar including development, analytics, reporting and data structure experience with:
- Terminal Operating System;
- Control Systems/SCADA (equipment control or power management);
- ERP or Financial Control in similar industry vertical;
- Equipment, Sensors or Asset monitoring in similar industry vertical.
- You have achieved a bachelor or master’s degree in computer sciences, business analytics, AI or similar technical field of study;
- For this role you have a broad Python (or R) experience in a consultancy field. With this you position yourself as an expert and you like to take the lead;
- You are driven to solve operational and environmental issues in our smart port’s markets independently and with a team;
- You have specific experience with and in-depth knowledge of data that’s generated within ports and terminals including a working knowledge of TOS or ERP within a port environment and previous project experience of delivering metrics and analytics projects for terminal operators;
- You will be experienced with manipulating large data sets and use them to identify trends and reach meaningful conclusions to inform strategic business decisions;
- Experience with design, create, manage or assess an organization’s data architecture;
- Within projects you can fulfil the role of lead data scientist or product owner;
- Finally, you have demonstrable experience in collaborating within multidisciplinary teams;
- The belief to do good with data;
- Fluent in English;
- You scrum.
What you will do?
- Working with our maritime domain experts, taking the lead in developing data science approaches for client projects, future solutions or improvement of existing products;
- Apply data science and machine learning in an explorative proof of concept phase within scrum development teams;
- Support in a market approach with your knowledge about the possibilities of data science, machine learning and AI within the smart port’s context, by participating in customer calls and contributing to proposals.
What we offer?
You will work in a professional organization with appealing (inter) national projects and products. You support these projects in a multidisciplinary environment with experts who are leaders in their field. Your work will contribute to enhancing society together. In addition, we offer good primary (min Euro 3200 - max Euro 4230) and secondary employment conditions as well as excellent opportunities for development in both width and depth. For example, we offer an attractive bonus scheme, flexible working conditions and opportunities for international projects, budget and time for personal development and travel opportunities. There is also the possibility to qualify for talent programs at different levels.
Interested? Apply now by sending in your CV and motivation letter.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.