About Royal HaskoningDHV:
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
About Our Industry and Buildings Business Line:
Our industry and buildings business line in the UK blends the skills of two operational groups, environmental consultancy and engineering design. We provide expert and specialist consultancy services within the built environment with target sectors including logistics, manufacturing, mission critical facilities, offshore wind and ports. We pride ourselves on adoption of a data driven design approach enabling us to automate the boring and engineer the awesome.
require an Electrical building Services Engineer to deliver consultancy
services to our current clients, on both UK based and overseas projects. This
is a stimulating opportunity to work within a vibrant and experienced team,
where you will have early responsibility and the chance to work with a
prestigious group of clients.
- Experience in development concepts and designs of the following in compliance with current wiring regulations and BS/EN standards:
- Internal General and Emergency Lighting Calculations
- External Lighting Systems
- General power design
- Containment Systems
- Fire Detection and Alarms (Incl. Voice Alarms)
- Security Design
- Lightning Protection Systems
- Facilities to comply with Approved Document M.
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, studies, specifications and reports.
- Assist in project control and site supervision as required.
- Plan, organise and manage work packages or projects.
- Deliver projects, or your contribution to projects, on time and within budget
- Comply with company’s standards and Quality Management System.
- Share knowledge and expertise.
- Excellent communication skills
- Dependable, pro-active and self-motivated
- Electrical engineering knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptive / innovative
- Pro-active in implementation of data driven design
Qualifications & Experience:
- BEng in Electrical or Building Services Engineering
- At least 3 - 5 years relevant working experience in electrical design.
- Working towards Chartered Status, further career progression is dependent on achieving Chartered Status
- Good post education experience.
- Knowledge and practical experience of:
- Electrical Calculation Software
- Lighting Reality (Desirable)
- NBS Chorus
What we can offer you:
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life.
The role will be based in Birmingham.