Electrical Engineer (Energy Transition)
- Cape Town
As one of the world’s largest independent engineering and project management consultancies, Royal HaskoningDHV Southern Africa has always strived to create solutions that contribute to a better society and improve people’s lives. When you’ve been in business for as long as we have (nearly 140 years), there’s no shortage of stories to tell – specifically around how we use digital technologies to prevent flooding, eliminate rush-hour traffic, and better manage crowds in a crisis.
- Project Management
- Operate in line with the Digital Way of Working (DWoW) in line with international practices
- Ensure that work is done in accordance with acceptable standards of both RHDHV and that of clients
- Maintain project records in accordance with internal quality system
- Preparation and management of specifications, schedules, estimates, progress reports, meeting agendas and minutes, and procurement issues
- Electrical engineering and design during all project phases according to client, national and international standards
- Assessing of client/ project electrical engineering requirements
- Prepare concept design and the ability to objectively evaluate both technically and commercially, different options based upon project objectives/requirements
- Cost estimation of electrical engineering scope of work, including equipment and construction costs
- Proposals, Expression of interests and tendering
- Budgetary and financial responsibility for projects
- Collaborate with local and international teams
Minimum qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc/BEng/BTech degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional registration with ECSA will be advantageous
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years post graduate relevant experience, preferably within a consulting engineering environment.
- Professional Registration with ECSA
- Bentley Rectimaster, Microstation, PowerFactory, Digsilent, 3D substation design, BIM and
- Experience on Energy Transition projects and experience with the modelling platforms, e.g. PV syst, etc.
- Revit experience will be advantageous.
- A thorough knowledge of the OHS Act, pertinent SANS and IEC codes and standards and industry practices. Good communication and people management skills for effective interface with other engineering disciplines, the client and contractors.
- Ability to liaise with relevant stakeholders at all levels
- Sound electrical engineering knowledge and experience in MV and HV (11 kV up to 400 kV)
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of Indoor and Outdoor Substation Designs
- An intimate knowledge of local and international standards and codes
- Be able to develop engineering documentation from first principles
- Conversant with PVsyst, Digsilent (or other equivalent package) electrical power systems modelling and analysis software would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of overhead power line design (using PLS-CADD software) and construction will be advantageous.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, Access and Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Eskom and local Municipalities processes and systems would be advantageous
- Be well acquainted with local equipment, manufacturers, suppliers and installation contractors.
- Good communication and people management skills for effective interface with other engineering disciplines, the client and contractors.
- Must be a team player at all times and support the team with integrity and respect
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written at various levels,
- Excellent interpersonal and Team Player,
- Dynamic, flexible approach and multi-tasking abilities,
- Problem solver,
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision
- Commercially astute with a strong marketing, growth and profit orientation
- Results orientated and target driven
- An energetic and enthusiastic team player who is prepared to work across business units in the Company
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure
- Accurate and detail oriented with good organisational skills (plan and prioritise)