Flood / Hydraulic / Stormwater Modeller and Engineer
We are seeking a Flood / Hydraulic / Stormwater Modeller and Engineer to join our growing team in Sydney (Brisbane or Newcastle potential locations for the right candidate) to deliver discipline-specific flooding and stormwater management modelling and design engineering services. You will join our Water Management Team and work on complex and exciting projects in Australia and in the APAC region. We are looking for a high level of motivation, initiative, team work and someone to grow and develop in this role.
What do you do as a Flood / Hydraulic / Stormwater Modeller and Engineer
Being a growing specialist service provider undertaking niche services on complex projects, your work would be characterised by ever-changing problem solving in a variety of locations.
- Initiate, manage and supervise Flood Resilience and Water Resources engineering projects
- Undertake data analysis and numerical computer modelling to support flood mitigation, drainage/WSUD design, river/creek restoration, creek and foreshore stabilisation and water resource management.
- Develop necessary local technical systems and standards, and integrate with broader Royal HaskoningDHV knowledge base.
- Consult and liaise with colleagues throughout Royal HaskoningDHV nationally and internationally in the Civil / Water Resources Engineering disciplines, to share information, lessons learnt, innovative approaches to problem solving, and the like.
- Conduct appropriate investigations, studies, analyses, detailed design and documentation, and recommend actions.
- Provide technical advice to engineers from other disciplines and co-ordinate the activities of other engineers and designers.
- Identify issues and problems and develop appropriate and innovative solutions.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the disciplines required to deliver Flood Resilience and Water Resources projects.
- Project Management
Where you will work
We’ve been around for more than 140 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organization of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have the ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners.
Haskoning Australia which is a company in Royal HaskoningDHV delivers tailor made engineering and scientific solutions to our clients across Australia, the Pacific and South East Asia. We are experts in the maritime, river, estuarine and coastal sectors, providing consultancy advice and civil and structural design services to clients in a number of sectors.
What you bring
The ideal candidate:
- Competency in a range of Water Resources, Flood Resilience Modelling and Flood Risk Analytics Software, including WBNM, RAFTS, TUFLOW (essential), 3Di, DRAINS, MUSIC, 12D.
- Competency in a range of Design, GIS and mapping software tools.
- Competency in Programming software: MATLAB, Python.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of hydrology, flood hydraulics, flood analytics, fluvial and coastal processes, and coastal oceanography.
- Essential experience in flood-related projects, including Flood Studies and Floodplain Risk Management Studies, Flood Impact Assessments and Climate Change Impact Assessments for NSW Councils, or other Councils across Australia.
Qualification and Experience:
- Civil &/ or Environmental Engineering Degree
- 2 to 8 years of experience
- Experience in fluvial flood risk and flood risk analytics
- Post graduate qualifications / specialisation in civil / water resources engineering water resources, coastal processes
- Experience in Project Management, project delivery and preparation of tenders.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
Royal HaskoningDHV will not accept unsolicited applications or phone calls from recruitment agencies.