Senior Front-end Developer
- United Kingdom
Applying your skills in an open network of brightest and smartest people around the world, where you are connected to innovative technologies. You will help clients in various industry sectors thrive in and you are part of prominent work in AI, software development, data science and so much more!
What you do as a Senior Front-end Developer
Our goal is to build a Digital Twin platform existing of reusable software components that can be configured for different clients. This will also be a key requirement for the User Interface components you will work on. Next to building reusable, scalable components, you will also work on custom, client specific implementations of the platform.
In your role you will take a lead, and won’t accept anything less than what you feel is the best way forward. Furthermore, as a team we thrive on innovation, and so we’re looking for someone who keeps an eye on new incoming technology that might be valuable in our product vision.
About the team
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital we are connecting the digital with the physical world at an ever-faster pace. In collaboration with our clients and partners, we use the latest digital technologies to translate data into insights and prospects. In this way we structurally support our clients in taking the next step in the continuous optimization and sustainability of their business operations. Our motto, also in the inevitable Digital Transformation: "Let's Enhance Society Together!"
You will be part of our Digital Twin Team. Driven by real-time data, a digital twin is a virtual mirror of a real-world asset, process or entire system, like a supply chain or city. This mirror provides insight into how that asset or process behaves now, how it behaved in the past and how it will behave under a variety of predicted or simulated conditions. We unite these insights through state-of-the-art game engine based, 3D (AR/VR) interfaces. These Digital Twins help to improve decision-making, optimise processes, manage risk and develop more informed solutions to today’s big societal and environmental challenges.
Our goal is to integrate and productise Royal HaskoningDHV Digital Twin software capabilities, making it possible to deliver more and better software services to more clients. Digital Twin Team is part of the Business Unit Software, working according to SAFe principles (Scaled Agile Framework).
The applicant should be based in either the UK or Netherlands.
What you bring
You have obtained a bachelor's or master's degree in computer sciences or similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience. You have at least 5 years of professional Front-end Developer experience and experience with working in an agile (SAFe) product development environment.
You have the following essential functions;
Additionally, you ideally have the following experience
- Most of our applications and services are heavily data driven and rely on advanced visualisations using web-based 3D technology.
- Mocking and prototyping experience
- UX/UI design knowledge and conceptual thinking skills
- Plenty of exposure to story boarding, user-testing and a good understanding of the design thinking process
When do you know this function is for you?
- You want your daily work to contribute to improving the world we live in;
- You have a proven track record of effectively working with teams remotely;
- You work on user stories, but you ask for help when needed and are keen to learn;
- Continuous delivery and test automation are part of your way of working;
- You can work effectively in an extremely fast paced, and sometimes ambiguous environment;
- You have the ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management and problem-solving skills;
- It would be beneficial if you have experience with 3D rendering and Augmented Reality;
- You are proactive and flexible, with a willingness to take an “all hands on deck” approach.
What we offer
You will work together with smart, like-minded colleagues on exciting projects. It is a diverse and growing team of enthusiastic colleagues who want to make a positive impact. Besides that, we also offer you:
- A good work-life balance, including a laptop and company cell phone;
- 28 holidays based on a 40-hour work week;
- A good primary salary and pension accrual through our own pension fund;
- A workplace in our offices in NL / UK and travel allowance or a NS-Business Card;
- Lifelong learning by offering you plenty of training & development opportunities;
- Digital Hubs where you can grow with your peers;
- Personal budget which you can use to buy extra days off, to buy a bicycle or just to have some additional salary;
- Bonuses based on company profit.
Are you our new colleague?
Then we would like to meet you, apply now by using the button below! Do you have any questions? Then do not hesitate to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.