Frontend Developer Aquasuite
As earth’s population is growing, we as a company believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to live a healthy, happy and meaningful life. Our motto is “enhancing society together”, we aim to make a difference in the world.
More and more we are integrating our digital solutions with the “real world”. In cooperation with our customers and partners we use our data and algorithms to produce predictions. Combined with our expertise and knowledge, these predictions enable us to help our clients fix problems or to prevent them from happening in the first place.
Our company was founded over 135 years ago and we currently have more than 6000 people working in 140 distinct countries. Our people aim to improve the future and build a legacy for future generations.
We have developed the Aquasuite® platform to intelligently monitor and control the water cycle.
All over the world Aquasuite® prevents leakages, improves energy efficiency and chemical usage, while improving water quality and reducing costs. Techniques like data science, machine learning and real time control are used to find solutions for water challenges all over the world.
In the last 25 years Aquasuite® has proved itself as a stable and robust solution installed on hundreds of water systems in the world.
About the Team
The team consists of more than 30 enthusiastic people with a passion for waste water treatment, drinking water, water transport, process engineering, data science and ICT. We innovate by working together. Challenging each other stimulates us to get the best results out of our team and ourselves.
Respect for one another and a safe work environment are the foundations our team is built on.
Together we enhance society and we are proud of our achievements.
About the vacancy
As Frontend Developer you will work on the user interfaces of our applications. Our applications range from on premises tools to state-of-the-art serverless solutions running in the Azure Cloud.
The team works in short iterative cycles using Agile Scrum. The whole team feels responsible for completing the user stories and sprints in a successful manner. Together with the UX designer and other developers you complete user stories and you put your energy in refactoring and automated testing.
We are looking for an experienced developer who knows all about Angular and Typescript and who would also like to use his/her experience to teach other colleagues the ins and outs of frontend development.
Your Experience & Qualifications
- You have achieved a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer sciences or similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- You have 2+ years of professional experience with the Angular framework
- You have experience with legacy code bases written in AngularJS
- You know your way in charting libraries like Highcharts, D3.js and map libraries like Leaflet
- You are able to convert wireframes/sketch mock-ups to Angular templates including the stylesheets (SCSS/CSS)
- You have experience with working in an agile(scrum) product development environment
- You use tools like GIT (Azure DevOps) to make sure your source code is safe.
- You write well written code that is reusable and you know how to test your code using unit tests.
- Any experiences with the water sector or process automation is a plus
- You love writing code and you dream of Typescript
- You work independently on user stories, but you ask for help when needed
- You love coaching and helping others, and you are always approachable for colleagues to ask questions
- Continuous delivery and Test automation are part of your way of working
- You like working in an organization that values teamwork
- You are fluent in English, Dutch is a plus
- You think it’s important that the work you do daily contributes to improving the world we live in
- Working in a team that has a passion for water
- An office that is well reachable by car and public transport
- An open floor plan that promotes teamwork
- A backlog with cool user stories waiting for you
- Lunch can be enjoyed in our company restaurant or while walking outside in the forest
- An indoor garden with fish and turtles
- Of course we offer a competitive salary and good secondary employment conditions
Software Development is your profession, and in the
world we live in there are a lot of job opportunities for you. But you want to
feel you contribute to society, you want to build software that really makes a
difference. And you want to do this in a modern innovative Engineering
We encourage personal development and offer a range of courses available in our Digital Academy. If you want to improve yourself using resources outside the academy we promote that as well.
Our company is growing and digital services is a growth market. This also means there are plenty of career opportunities within the company.
On a regular basis we celebrate our success and try to build an even stronger team.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Then please contact us as soon as possible.
We are always open for a conversation or a more elaborate explanation about what we do.