Graduate Scientist - Water
- Haywards Heath
Graduate Scientist - WaterThis is an exciting opportunity to join a well respected consultancy and develop your engineering experience and skills developing innovative solutions for our clients. Working with industry leading professions in a supportive and ICE approved training programme your career will get the best start possible.
About Royal HaskoningDHV:Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve.
About Our Water BusinessOur Water Business is continually in demand worldwide for projects involving flood resilience, water management and the enhancement of the environment. Our broad knowledge and experience enable us to find practical solutions for the most complex of problems, for example flood risk management against the backdrop of climate change and coastal erosion.
Role Context:The role will be to apply numerical models to solving complex flood resilience and coastal erosion problems using the latest software to support our clients with their projects.
You will work within a team where you will be expected to take on responsibility at an early stage. You will be involved in and contribution to the project team and may also be involved directly with individual clients with whom you are expected to promote a positive working relationship. You will be expected to plan your own time and assist project managers in determining the resource requirements for your work.
You will be in a position to plan your route and have the drive and enthusiasm to reach Chartered status
- You will provide technical inputs to a range of river, estuary and coastal projects, including:
- Development of large scale plans (e.g. SMPs, SFRAs, CFMPs);
- Development and implementation of Strategy Studies;
- Investigations and R&D
- River and coastal morphological studies (including on-site assessments)
- Hydrological, hydraulic and water quality assessments and modelling (river/estuary/coastal)
- Pre-feasibility and feasibility studies;
- Flood and coastal risk assessments; and
- Commissioning and management of sub-contractors
- Excellent writing skills.
- Good communicator (Written and verbal)
- Able to quickly pick up new concepts.
- Able to take the initiative and deliver whilst knowing when to ask for support.
- Good team player to contribute to a dynamic group.
- Confident and motivated to succeed.
- MSc in Geography or related subject.
- Undergraduate work experience applying scientific skills.
- Modules with a water focus.
- A high quality research project in a water related field.
What we can offer you:Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life.
Structured training schemes – leading towards chartered membership within your selected field, CIWEM or ICE.