Head of DevOps (Director)
As our new Head of DevOps, you will provide strong and
sound technology leadership. As a servant leader you will communicate with our
employees, our stakeholder and are clients to ensure our digital services
technologies are developed and maintained appropriately. Do you have proven experience
as a Head of DevOps in building and running a DevOps organisation and are you
looking for the next step in your career? Apply today!
What you do as a Head of DevOps
You lead our DevOps teams in the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, Singapore and India. Strategic thinking and strong business alignment are crucial, since you convert our architecture design and software & data strategy into a workable DevOps roadmap. You are responsible for the development, timely delivery and maintenance of our digital solutions. This entails:
- Performance and progress management for the DevOps teams and their (quarterly) planning. Manage and optimize the flow of value. Facilitate PI Planning readiness, Pre- and Post-PI Planning events and the PI planning event itself.
- Build close and strong relationships with the colleagues in the Management Team of the Business Unit Software.
- Implementation of the technology strategy used for developing software for digital solutions. These digital solutions rely on the basic infrastructure services, (security) management, delivery and support of Royal HaskoningDHV.
The development of our digital solutions focuses on
delivering a wide range of capabilities through a DevOps way of working. This
way of working ensures a reliable, secure and scalable implementation. We are
building our digital solutions on MS Azure cloud, Open Source and licenced
The focus of this position goes out to the following strategic objectives:
- Delivery of the committed quarterly plans. You communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement.
- Performance management of DevOps team on DevOps metrics and dashboards.
- Design a high performing DevOps organisation including tools and processes.
- Measuring and advancing the maturity level of the teams through continuous improvement.
- Implementation of the sourcing strategy for our DevOps teams. Driving the strategic workforce planning and optimizing the delivery internationally.
- Harmonise the technology used to support the DevOps teams with an effective the IT environment.
- Align with existing groups outside the Business Line, like Hackathon, Digital Studio, Digital Platform Services, Security Officer, Business Line technology teams.
As our new Head of DevOps, you are part of the Management Team of our Business Unit Software, and you report directly to de CTO of the Digital Business Line. You will be chair of the DevOps Management Team, with 5 managers reporting to you. The DevOps department exists of 90 FTE in total.
Where you will workRoyal HaskoningDHV is an independent consultancy which integrates 140 years of engineering expertise with digital technologies and software solutions. Backed by the expertise of over 6,000 colleagues working from offices in more than 25 countries across the world, we are helping organisations turn local and global issues related to the built environment into opportunities and make the transition to smart and sustainable operations. Through our mission Enhancing Society Together, we take responsibility for having a positive impact on the world.
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital savvy software engineers, product owners, data engineers, data scientists and scrum masters design, build and maintain digital twins for climate resilience, industry and water management. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models and thus connecting the digital world with the physical world we live in. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. Combined with our expertise we can help our clients to solve new challenges and prevent problems. We help our clients in their digital transformation, and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions. With this we add value to society, and we grow a financially healthy independent business. Our purpose is to ‘Enhance Society Together’. We deliver digital solution under the Twinn (www.twinn.io) brand to live up to that purpose.
What you bring
You are a proven leader with excellent communication,
agile leadership and strategic skills. It goes without saying that you are
well-aware of current technology trends and familiar with a variety of
(engineering) business concepts. You are a real problem-solver and strategic
thinker who helps manage risks, dependencies and impediments.
Furthermore, you have:
- Experience in building, running and sourcing international DevOps teams and relevant experience of managing (new) multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in an Agile, DevOps, Scrum and SAFe context.
- Servant leaderships and organizational abilities.
- An active network in agile software engineering market
- Excellent communication skills.
What we offer you
We offer a great working atmosphere, short internal lines, within which collegiality and development of the organization and employees are the most important factors. Rewarding is based on personal competencies and the professional development opportunities are extensive. We also offer:
- A good work-life balance,
- Tools to allow you to work wherever and whenever you want.
- 28 holidays based on a 40-hour work week.
- A good salary (depending on seniority and years of relevant experience) and secondary employment conditions.
- A workplace in our office in Amersfoort and travel allowance or a NS-Business Card.
- Lifelong learning by offering you plenty of training & development opportunities.
- Personal budget which you can use to buy extra days off, to buy a bicycle or just to have some additional salary.
- Bonusses based on company profit.
Are you our new colleague?
We would like to meet you! Please apply with your CV and motivation via de application button. If you have any questions regarding this position, feel free to send them to Arno van Smeden (Recruiter) via [email protected] The procedure usually consists of two exploratory conversations (first via MS Teams) and an introduction to the team so that you get a good idea of where and with whom you are going to work. An online assessment will be part of the selection procedure.