IT Scrum Master
Improving communities by putting your scrum-skills into action. While being part of an open network, you as an IT Scrum Master are connected with the newest and innovative technologies. Come work with the brightest and smartest people around the world and let’s Enhance Society Together!
What you do as IT Scrum Master
You will be joining our Data Management software development team. Within this team your responsibilities as IT Scrum Master include the implementation and continuous improvement of the Agile and Scrum methodology and principles.
- You will guide the team in stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint demos and retrospectives, and help team members become even better in their roles;
- You are the process coach for both developers and Product Owners and encourage self-determination and self-organisation;
- As the facilitator for the team, you remove obstacles so that they can continue to work optimally;
- You ensure continuity in the team and the ongoing development of quality and productivity.
The products and solutions we create for our customers all rely on the combination of (sometimes very large) data sets and our domain knowledge. The development of these products and services is power charged by a common platform, with generic services. Due to high levels of re-use and configurability we optimise both the time-to-market for new features and the overall operational costs. We call this platform The Foundation, and it is at the heart of our Business Unit Software.
Where you will work
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital, we combine more than 140 years of technical experience with the latest digital technologies. This way we help clients across a range of sectors thrive in our complex and dynamic environment. Our people want to make a positive change to the future and leave a legacy for generations to come. Hence our motto: ‘Enhancing Society Together’!
You will become part of The Foundation Team, which is expanding rapidly and will very soon need to be split into multiple teams. They will form an Agile Release Train, as we have adopted the Scaled Agile Framework. In our teams we innovate through collaboration and treat each other with respect. We value each other for who we are and what we do and are all about teamwork and ownership. All this helps us to use our talents to the fullest. We take responsibility for our results. Within our team, every colleague is an inspiration and can make a difference. Together, we are building a future to be proud of.
What you bring
As IT Scrum Master we expect you to be professional and results-oriented with strong analytical skills and a servant-leadership attitude. While being able to easily translate complex issues into clear analyses, you can also communicate convincingly to product owners and team members. With strong organisational sensitivity you know how to deal with conflicting interests and can build bridges where necessary to improve productivity. Not only are communication skills very important, but you will also need organisational talent, adaptive capacity and listening skills.
We are looking for an IT Scrum Master with proven ability to create high-performing teams and elevate the mood and impact in a coaching way. While you may not cut out to mind the store, you do have a strong personality and enjoy implementing change. You do this in a measured, flexible manner in a changing environment. In your role, you are a passionate ambassador of Agile working and you have an eye for existing structures and the interests of various stakeholders. Stress-resistant and being able to show strong perseverance are key in this role. Furthermore, you:
- Have completed higher professional/university education;
- Hold a certification as a Scrum Master (PSM or CSM). Certification as a Product Owner is an advantage;
- Have at least two years of proven work experience as a Scrum Master;
- Are familiar with scaled Agile operating models such as SAFe or LeSS;
- Have experience with IT implementations within complex environments, as well as DevOps and Continuous Delivery;
- Are familiar with Agile tooling such as Azure DevOps or similar;
- Are fluent in English as EU citizen, Dutch and living in NL are a plus.
What we offer you
Our team consist of a large group of smart, like-minded colleagues with a passion for technology & engineering. We offer you the chance to work in an innovative organisation, applying and using the latest technologies. Here you can grow with your peers, organised in Digital Hubs (‘guilds’), as well as developing your skills and expertise through courses, hackathons, workshops and so on. Furthermore, we offer:
- A good salary and secondary employment conditions;
- A culture where celebrating team successes is the norm;
- Countless career opportunities within our international company that employs 6000 people in 140 different countries;
- A well-stocked backlog of user stories;
- The ability to work from home or from one of our offices all over the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Utrecht, Amersfoort, Rotterdam, etc.);
- Our headquarter in Amersfoort with easy accessibility by car and public transport.
Are you our new colleague?
Then we would like to meet you, if you are interested to get on the BUS, don’t hesitate apply directly via the button below! We are always available for an informal chat, a demo or a day’s shadowing to learn more about the IT Scum Master position. If you have any further questions, please contact [email protected].
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.