IT Scrum Master
Do you want to use your scrum-skills to help improve the community? Do you want to be part of an open network that connects you to innovative technologies and like-minded people all around the world?
About Royal HaskoningDHV
At Royal HaskoningDHV, we combine more than 140 years of technical experience with the latest digital technologies to help clients across a range of sectors thrive in our complex and dynamic environment. Our people want to make a positive change to the future and leave a legacy for generations to come. Our motto: ‘enhancing society together’.
Our Data Management software development team needs an IT Scrum Master. Within this team you will be responsible for the implementation and continuous improvement of the Agile and Scrum methodology and principles. You will guide the team in stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint demos and retrospectives, and help team members become even better in their roles. You are the process coach for both developers and Product Owners, and you encourage self-determination and self-organisation. You are the facilitator for the team, and you remove obstacles so that the team can continue to work optimally. You ensure continuity in the team and the ongoing development of quality and productivity.
The products and solutions we create for our customers all rely on the combination of (sometimes very large) data sets and our domain knowledge. The development of these products and services is power charged by a common platform, with generic services. Due to high levels of re-use and configurability we optimise both the time-to-market for new features and the overall operational costs.
The Foundation is at the heart of our Business Unit Software.
About the team
The Foundation Team is expanding rapidly and will very soon need to be split into multiple teams, which will form an Agile Release Train, as we have adopted the Scaled Agile Framework. We innovate through collaboration. We treat each other with respect. We value each other for who we are and what we do. We are all about teamwork and ownership. All this helps us to use our talents to the fullest. We take responsibility for our results. Within our team, every colleague is an inspiration and has the opportunity to make a difference. Together, we are building a future to be proud of.
What are your qualifications?
- You have completed higher professional/university education.
- Certification as a Scrum Master (PSM or CSM). Certification as a Product Owner is an advantage.
- At least two years of proven work experience as a Scrum Master.
- Familiarity with scaled Agile operating models such as SAFe or LeSS.
- Experience with IT implementations within complex environments.
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
- Familiarity with Agile tooling such as Azure DevOps or similar.
- You have a proven ability to create high-performing teams and elevate the mood and impact in a coaching way.
Who are you?
- You are professional and results-oriented with strong analytical skills and a servant-leadership attitude. You can easily translate complex issues into clear analyses, which you communicate convincingly to product owners and team members.
- You are not cut out to mind the store, as you have a strong personality and enjoy implementing change. You do this in a measured, flexible manner in a changing environment.
- In your role, you are a passionate ambassador of Agile working and you have an eye for existing structures and the interests of various stakeholders.
- You have strong organisational sensitivity; you know how to deal with conflicting interests and you can build bridges where necessary to improve productivity. Not only are communication skills very important, but you will also need organisational talent, adaptive capacity and listening skills.
- You are also stress-resistant and show strong perseverance.
- Fluent in English, Dutch is a pré.
- EU citizen, living in NL is a pré.
What we offer
- We consist of a large group of smart, like-minded colleagues with a passion for technology & engineering.
- We offer a good salary and secondary employment conditions.
- The chance to work in an innovative organisation, applying and using the latest technologies.
- An organisation where you can grow with your peers, organised in Digital Hubs (‘guilds’).
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise through courses, hackathons, workshops and so on.
- A culture where celebrating team successes is the norm.
- Countless career opportunities within our international company that employs 6000 people in 140 different countries.
- A well-stocked backlog of user stories.
- The ability to work from home or from one of our offices all over the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Utrecht, Amersfoort, Rotterdam, etc.).
- Or headquarter in Amersfoort is easy accessibility by car and public transport.
Would you like to contribute to society while doing what you do best? Do you want to use your Scrum/Agile skills to help a team move forward? Do you want to develop your skills further while working with like-minded people? Then this is your chance!
If you are interested to get on the BUS, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at [email protected] or apply directly online! We are always available for an informal chat, a demo or a day’s shadowing to learn more about the IT Scum Master position.