Maritime Structural Engineer
- Ho Chi Minh City
Active in Vietnam since 1985 and established in 1993, HaskoningDHV Vietnam is a 100% foreign invested company of Royal HaskoningDHV and recognized as one of the most prominent leading engineering and consultancy firms with a unique track record of key projects in Vietnam and SE Asia. With offices in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi and nearly 200 employees, HaskoningDHV Vietnam has carried out numerous projects for the private and public sector, comprising the full scope of engineering and consultancy services for Industrial & Building projects, Maritime & Aviation, Water Management and Real Estate projects.
The Company is a globally leading service provider in the field of Maritime Developments. We have a strong reputation for designing and managing port developments, shipyards, dry docks, port terminals and other maritime structures. We work on many high profile projects on behalf of public and private developers at locations across the world, making us the first port of call for maritime consultancy. Royal HaskoningDHV is currently ranked as the 2nd largest international marine and port facilities designer (2020 ENR Rating).
Within the Maritime sector, Vietnam office is identified as one of our Global Delivery Centers from which both the regional market (South East Asia) and the global market will be serviced. This new role of the office requires a rapid expansion of the team in all directions, both in terms of capacity and staff capabilities.
We currently have an open vacancy named Maritime Structural Engineer in the Water & Maritime business line at the HCMC office.
- Structural analysis using structural analysis software
- Structural design including steel and concrete structures
- Preparing the specifications and design criteria for structural engineering works
- Managing the schedule and quality of the assignment within the project
- Checking of calculations, designs, 3D models (Revit/Allplan) and drawings prepared by the other team members
- Coaching and guiding junior staff
- Communicating with senior experts within the Company
- Assisting relevant senior engineers & leaders to achieve the highest quality of the works
- Coordinating and supporting the activities of the AG Maritime Vietnam
- Carrying out any duties which your line manager may reasonably request within the broad parameters of your role
- Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree in maritime engineering
- 3+ years of experience in structural analysis /design of concrete and steel structures
- Proficiency in computer analysis and design software i.e. SAP2000, STAAD Pro.
- Experienced in structural analysis and design of maritime (port) structures
- Experienced in structural design according to International design standards (BS, Eurocodes, American, Australian Standards, etc.)
- Good understanding of BIM/Revit working environment (should have been involved in numerous projects)
- Script writing experience (VBA, Macro, Dynamo, Python) will be beneficial
- Familiar with advanced analysis i.e. nonlinear or dynamic analysis will be beneficial
- Previous experience performing under time pressure while maintaining the required technical quality by following the company QMS
- Excellent in communication skills (reading, writing, speaking), both English and Vietnamese
- Willing to travel as per project requirements
- Competitive salary
- Annual salary review, profit sharing/ bonus if any
- 13th month pay
- Health insurance for staff and family members (your husband/ wife and your children if any); Accident Insurance is offered for the employee only
- English course for the improvement of speaking and writing skills
- Multi-Online courses for work-related skills development
- A positive and professional working environment, conferences with experts across disciplines.