About Royal HaskoningDHV:
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
About Our Industry and Buildings Business Line:
Our industry and buildings business line in the UK blends the skills of two operational groups, environmental consultancy and engineering design. We provide expert and specialist consultancy services within the built environment with target sectors including logistics, manufacturing, mission critical facilities, offshore wind and ports. We pride ourselves on adoption of a data driven design approach enabling us to automate the boring and engineer the awesome.
The ideal candidate will be technically strong and have demonstrable knowledge and experience in the delivery of mechanical building services design projects, including work within the industrial, manufacturing, logistics, or data centre sectors.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a growing, vibrant, and experienced team for some of the world’s most recognised companies. Responsibilities can range from project inception, through to the detailed design and construction support for mechanical building services design projects.
The role will be based in Birmingham; however, you will need to be flexible and able to work elsewhere in the UK and may require overseas travel for short periods as required.
- Undertake inspections and production of condition survey reports, feasibility studies, design strategies, and concept definition reports.
- Prepare design calculations, drawings, studies, specifications, and reports.
- Engage in the production of digital design deliverables and the ongoing adoption of digital ways of working.
- Attend progress, design team, and co-ordination meetings, taking the lead role where necessary.
- Assist in project control and site supervision.
- Plan, organise, and manage work packages or projects.
- Contribute to the production of fee proposals and pre-qualification documents.
- Handle queries and give sound advice to internal and external parties.
- Undertake assignments effectively to achieve technically sound, timely, and cost-effective results.
- Ensure that all projects are undertaken in full accordance with corporate standards and Quality Management System procedures, including implementation of financial monitoring and control measures.
- Work fully within the requirements of our Integrity Policy.
- Represent the company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Demonstrates accuracy and diligence in the production of design deliverables.
- Brings an innovative approach to develop and implement concepts.
- Engages fully with advancements in digital ways of working.
- Assists in the identification of new and relevant opportunities and development towards winning new work.
- Works to further own knowledge of industry advances and legislative updates and share expertise with junior team members.
- Shows good organisation and project management skills,
- Shows good oral and written communication skills,
- Is confident and personable,
- Works as a team player but remains an independent thinker,
- Shows flexibility, dynamism, and the ability to assist in the development of our growing team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BEng (Hons) or MEng in Mechanical/Building Services Engineering
- Achieved or working towards Chartered Status
- Suitable post education experienceExperience in one or more of the following areas:
o Data Centres
o Energy from Waste
· Preferably has knowledge and/or practical experience of:
o NBS Chorus (Engineering Services)
o Revit (including MagiCAD)
· Demonstrable experience in the detailed design of:
o Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning Systems (HVAC)
o Local Extract Ventilation Systems (LEV)
o Low Temperature Hot Water Systems (LTHW)
o Chilled / Cooling Water Systems
o VRF-Refrigerant based Heating and Cooling solutions
o Domestic Hot & Cold Water Systems
o Above Ground Drainage Systems
o Natural Gas
o Industrial Gases (Compressed Air, Medical Gasses, etc).
o Fire Protection Systems
o Building Management Systems
· A working knowledge of industry standard documentation, guides, and statutory legislation (e.g. CDM).
· A fundamental understanding and working knowledge of technical disciplines and the relevant current and draft standards and codes of practice.
· Ability to work with international or foreign national standards including developing a sound understanding to enable implementation (eg ISO, ASHRAE, NFPA, NEC, or similar).
What we can offer you:
Ambitious. Exciting. Lively. Collaborative. Dynamic. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path. We have flexible working models to ensure a balance of family and working life.
The role will be based in Birmingham. As our clients are international, flexibility towards global travel is expected. The applicant should be in possession of a full UK driver’s license.