Mechanical Lead Engineer (MCF / Data Centres)
The global digital revolution is bringing prosperity to more and more countries and regions, benefiting millions of people. Data Centres make this 21st century transformation possible and reliable systems and continuity are crucial. From the pioneering stage, we have been involved in the emergence and development of Data Centres and other important facilities. Our aim is to ensure that customer investments in Data Centres, anywhere in the world, deliver a reliable and profitable end result.
Our Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) Data Centre team is well established and partners with some of the largest and leading Data Centre providers and users across the globe, ranging from Europe, Africa, Asia and the UK. We have offices and teams in The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, the UK and South Africa.
Data Centres is a strategic market for Royal HaskoningDHV. We are ranked in the Top 5 leading Design and Engineering firms in the industry and we aim to grow and establish innovative and sustainable data centres as one of our leading market sectors in future. We are expanding our business to help support this growth and have many exciting opportunities for experienced and motivated professionals to join us in The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, the UK or South Africa.
What you do as a Mechanical Lead Engineer MCF
As Mechanical Lead Engineer you must prove yourself to some of the most demanding customers in the world and work pro-actively with our colleagues across the globe. Beyond the standard features of a building, our MCF projects require specific and advanced knowledge and skills. What our clients have in common, is the need for a proactive Mechanical Lead Engineer.
What our clients have in common, is the need for consultant and engineers who really think along and they increasingly demand more detailed designed in 3D up to working documentation level. And that is exactly where you are going to help them with. Our Brown Field Services team is always working in a live Data Centre, Risk management, execute assessments, Testing and Commissioning protocols belong to your daily work. Your main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage and deliver the mechanical work packages in multiple projects;
- Identify the scope, design and management objectives and deliver project documentation, ensuring the quality and flow of information required for contractors, vendors and regulatory authorities;
- Write technical specifications and reports;
- Assist the project manager in the preparation / review of project costs, risk assessments;
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships ensuring continuous technical professional development;
- Review contractor pre-qualifications and prepared tender evaluation summaries for tender reviews;
- Evaluate proposals and recommendations to the client regarding vendor selection;
- Write technical specifications for tenders;
- Represent RHDHV on factory acceptance tests and site testing & commissioning activities;
- Communicate status of projects to internal directors and external stakeholders (clients) on an ad-hoc and formal basis.
You will work within a multidisciplinary team where your work will be cross borders, native and home based. In addition to participating in projects, you naturally also contribute to the optimization of our internal business processes and to safeguarding and sharing knowledge within your field. In this way, we continue to develop ourselves continuously!
Where you will work
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent global multi-disciplinary engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation, with over 6,000 professionals in more than 150 countries.
You will become part of our global Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) team, who provide a multidisciplinary package of consultancy services for our datacenter clients. We provide strategic, tactical, and operational advice to our clients, including colocation datacentres, internet service providers, and telecom companies. Our team consists of colleagues with all kinds of different expertise. For example, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, construction, civil, structure, building, architecture, fire safety, control engineering, and security technology. Together we use our knowledge and expertise to develop integrated designs for Data Centres. Curious about our work? Here you will find examples of some our projects.
You will join a leading market and work with a dedicated and passionate team ranked as one of the best Data Centre design & engineering teams globally.
What you bringYou are an entrepreneurial, result oriented, proactive individual with a positive flexible and problem-solving attitude. Besides that, you have:
- A bachelor and/or master degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 5 - 10 years relevant working experience in mechanical design and / or installation;
- Good knowledge of standard practices in the design and construction industry;
- Good understanding of the daily (operational) business of our clients;
- An entrepreneurial, proactive and flexible attitude;
- Result oriented and have a proactive problem solving attitude;
- You perform best in a multidisciplinary team;
- You have excellent communication skills towards colleagues and clients;
- You have a good command of German and English both written and spoken.
What we offer you
As worldwide engineering firm, we are ambitious, exciting, lively, collaborative and dynamic. We are making a difference to society and technological progress across the globe. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities to support your career path. Entrepreneurship and innovation are stimulated in our organization. There is plenty of room for own initiative in an open and flexible culture. You also get with us:
- A good balance between work and private life, including flexible working hours and 28 days of vacation with full-time employment;
- You will also receive a laptop and telephone from the company so that you can work wherever and whenever you want;
- Personal budget that you can use to, for example, buy extra vacation days or a bicycle. Or you have it paid out;
- Plenty of training and development opportunities. With us, you will not find rigid positions and well-defined development paths, but flexible roles and a lot of freedom of choice when it comes to team, location, and work.
You will be based in Frankfurt. As our clients are based in
various locations nationally and internationally, flexibility towards traveling
Are you our new colleague?We would like to meet you! Click on the apply button and upload your resume and motivation letter. For more information, you can always contact with Frank van der Velden, Lead Recruiter Industry & Buildings, at [email protected]