We are looking to recruit an ambitious Port Planner to join our Australian team based out of Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Darwin. If you are interested, please read on!
What do you do as a Port Planner
You will be an important part of the team responsible for the delivery of complex maritime planning projects. You will help develop innovative port planning tools using the latest modelling and simulation software and encourage repeat business from key accounts by delivering outstanding client value. You will develop port and terminal master planning projects for a wide range of sectors and commodities, including containers, automotive and general cargo, on national and international level.
- Developing masterplanning projects, large and small, within our portfolio of port industry clients around the world, including government agencies and commercial global terminal operators
- Planning of small as well as large, complex projects in different phases, including feasibility and due dillagnce, including continuous follow-up
- Contributing to the digitalisation and innovation of port and terminal masterplanning
- Engaging in the global port planning team, including our Smart Ports team and Port Automation team
- Developing proposals and commercial offers
Where you will work
We’ve been around for more than 140 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organization of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have the ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners.
Haskoning Australia which is a company in Royal HaskoningDHV delivers tailor made engineering and scientific solutions to our clients across Australia, the Pacific and South East Asia. We are experts in the maritime, river, estuarine and coastal sectors, providing consultancy advice and civil and structural design services to clients in a number of sectors.
This role can be based in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Darwin to become an integral member of our skilled maritime team and assist with our growing workload.
What you bring
For Skills & Qualifications, you will have proven ability and a sound technical awareness in your field of expertise showing the following:
- 7 to 15 years experience in working on master plans for port infrastructure and/or port planning projects
- Other relevant experience in the port and maritime infrastructure sector (e.g. design, construction, operations)
- Experience of simulation software (FlexSim or similar) would be advantageous
- Experience of collaborative working in teams and with other disciplines
- Focused, articulate and professional in appearance and standard of work
- Good writing skills
- Capable of undertaking assignments effectively to achieve technically sound, timely and cost-effective results CPEng or RPEQ preferred
- A degree in Engineering or related subject
For mobility, you are able to travel on short-term business trips based upon business requirements, within the Australia and internationally.
What we offer you
- Technical development learning on the job and through structured training
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave
- Attractive remuneration with profit share
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
Royal HaskoningDHV will not accept unsolicited applications or phone calls from recruitment agencies.