We’ve been around for more than 140 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have the ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners.
Haskoning Australia which is a company in Royal HaskoningDHV delivers tailor made engineering and scientific solutions to our clients across Australia, the Pacific and South East Asia. We are experts in the maritime, river, estuarine and coastal sectors, providing consultancy advice and civil and structural design services to clients in a number of sectors.
Due to recent project wins we are seeking to engage an experienced Port Planner to become an integral member of our skilled maritime team. This role can be based in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth or Darwin
You will be an important part of the team responsible for the delivery of complex maritime planning projects. You will help develop innovative port planning tools using the latest modelling and simulation software and encourage repeat business from key accounts by delivering outstanding client value. You will develop port and terminal master planning projects for a wide range of sectors and commodities, including containers, automotive and general cargo, on national and international level.
- Developing masterplanning projects, large and small, within our portfolio of port industry clients around the world, including government agencies and commercial global terminal operators
- Planning of small as well as large, complex projects in different phases, including feasibility and due diligence, including continuous follow-up
- Contributing to the digitalisation and innovation of port and terminal masterplanning
- Engaging in the global port planning team, including our Smart Ports team and Port Automation team
- Developing proposals and commercial offers
What you will bring to the team:
For Skills & Qualifications, you will have proven ability and a sound technical awareness in your field of expertise showing the following:
- 7 to 15 years experience in working on master plans for port infrastructure and/or port planning projects
- Degree qualified in Engineering or related subject
- Other relevant experience in the port and maritime infrastructure sector (e.g. design, construction, operations)
- Experience of simulation software (FlexSim or similar) would be advantageous
- Experience working within a multi sector organisation and across other disciplines
- Excellent writing skills
- Capable of undertaking assignments effectively to achieve technically sound, timely and cost-effective results
What we offer you:
That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
You can look forward to growing your career in a encouraging and supportive workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path.
- Competitive salary package with profit share
- Work-life balance, including flexible working hours.
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Ongoing technical development
For any further queries or for a confidential discussion please contact Fionah Bryant on 0432 352 118.
Royal HaskoningDHV will not accept unsolicited applications or phone calls from recruitment agencies.