Product Manager (Financial Services)
- (OLD) Brighton
Royal HaskoningDHV Digital is an innovative and data driven business unit working within the wider Royal HaskoningDHV business, with over 140 years’ experience. By leveraging this experience, we have a strong emphasis on digital business transformation and find ourselves at the forefront of physical risk and climate change; being recognised as a leading global provider of data intelligence.
Voted Water Technology Company of the Year, we are expanding rapidly to deliver our highly accurate, best-in-class data products to the insurance and financial markets globally. Now is an exciting time to join the Royal HaskoningDHV family, as we continue to build upon our market leading position in the financial services market and look to continue our growth into European markets and the rest of the world.
We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 3 years experience, and preferably, within a relevant industry background. The product manager is a key player to the success of our software platform, products, and services. Together with other product managers you are highly responsible for realizing our platform vision.
About the role and the responsibilities
- Contributing to the overall product portfolio vision
- Gathering market, customer and competition insights together with sales, business development and customer support
- Turning market and customer insights into strategic, scalable and profitable software product and services with the data and development teams
- Shipping new and existing product features to our customers and measuring added value
- Facilitate sales support to join our customer requirements to the product roadmap
How you do that
- Do market analysis on trends, competition, emerging technologies, startups, etc.
- Do customer interviews/have customer conversations to:
Gather strategic agenda points and customer insights
Gather user feedback on existing and new features
Validate mockups and proof of concepts
Validate your product vision and roadmap
- Turn product vision into epics and features
- Prioritize product ideas
- Create product roadmap and quarterly plans
- Align new platform developments within the business unit Software
- Support sales with product knowledge and product specifications
- Join data and development teams in the refinement of planned features
What do you bring to the table ?
We are looking for a Product Manager with 3+ years of experience in this role. As such, you are business savvy, an entrepreneurial decision maker, always considering the strategic goals of our business unit and the specific product strategy and its related features. You continuously search for new (market) opportunities to improve or market your product, and you challenge yourself on the right priorities. You are also not afraid of changing these priorities based on new insights, and you are able to convince and take your team and stakeholders down that road. Furthermore, the product manager in you wants to be in close and constant contact with your customers and internal stakeholders as well as your team. Your personal, most important ‘features’ include:
- Drive and ambition to succeed and bring your product to the next level with high customer satisfaction
- Business savvy: understand commercial growth, market opportunities, value propositions, amongst others.
- Tech savvy: to a certain extent understand the language of your data and software development colleagues, and what it takes to build solid and scalable software and data solutions
- Flexible, and foremost with an agile mindset
- Experience with the scaled agile framework is an advantage
- Strategic thinker, zooming out and see the big picture
- Good listening skills when in contact with customers and stakeholders
- Good communication skills: product management is at the center of our organization, talking to a lot of stakeholders
- Team player
- Reliable and consistent
- Flexible attitude and able to take initiative
- Excellent eye for detail and good organizational skills
- Flexible attitude and ability to cope well with the demands of a rapidly growing company
What we offer
One of the best things about joining HaskoningDHV Digital is our rewards package. We appreciate the people who work with us and you can expect to receive:
- Competitive annual salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Contributory pension scheme
- Medical & Dental Healthcare Plans (Subject to eligibility)
- Discretionary Profit-Related Payment Scheme
- Starting on 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- Discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work schemes
We aim to become one of the most inspiring companies to work for and to achieve this ambition, we need the best talent to come and work for us. We look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and selection is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Diversity and Inclusion forms an integral part of everything that we do, bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being yourself at work and delivering an outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
We look forward to you joining our team.