Security Engineer at Kuwait International Airport Terminal 2
- No Office
Relevant Airport Experience is required for this position!!
Position: Security Engineer at Kuwait International Airport Terminal 2 (on site)
NACO, Netherlands Airport Consultants, is a company of Royal HaskoningDHV and a globally leading engineering and consultancy firm in the field of Airport Development. We have a strong reputation in airport consultancy in all its aspects including design and management of airport developments. With a team of over 200 staff we work on high profile projects on behalf of public and private developers at locations all over the world. We are “the” go to consultant when it comes to airport consultancy.
One of our key projects ongoing is the supervision of the construction of Terminal 2 at Kuwait International Airport. As part of a consortium with Foster+Partners, ARUP and Gulf Consult we performed the design of this new terminal a few years ago and at this moment the same team is involved in design review/compliance and supervision services. Construction of this new terminal (building costs approx.4 Billion EUR) began in Aug 2016 and is expected to be completed in Aug 2022. The new terminal will have a built-up area of 700,000 m2, a capacity of 25 MAP (Million Annual Passengers) and accommodated with 30 (21F+9C) to 51 (C only) Gates/Stands. Other projects related to this Terminal are a multi-level car parking with 5,172 places and the Airside works.
As part of our team on site we are looking for a Security Engineer.
- You will be part of our Contract Administration team stationed in Kuwait for 2-3 years
- You will be responsible for design review and compliance of the Security Systems – SACS, SMIS, VSS and PBSS – within the terminal project
- You will review and comment Contractors submittals, shop drawings etc. and have periodic site visits/inspections
- You will provide expert advice to the client on the security systems such as passenger / staff / goods screening equipment, Video Surveillance Systems (VSS) , Security Access Control Systems (SACS), Security Management Information Systems (SMIS).
You are an experienced Airport Security Engineer, who is eager to work on this high-profile Airport development. You combine technical engineering knowledge with Contract Administration and site supervision skills.
You have at least the following qualifications:
- Have a relevant degree M Sc / B Sc in Information Technology / Electrical Engineering/Electronics – lower degrees will not be accepted;
- A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in the field of airport security – less work experience will not be accepted;
- A minimum of 5 years work experience on airport design and at airport construction sites, preferably in the Middle-East – less work experience will not be accepted;
- Good understanding of, and experience in, contract administration and site supervision
- Willingness to live and work in Kuwait for 2-3 years.
In addition, you have:
- The characteristics of a good team player;
- Good interpersonal and communicative skills;
- Good command of the English language in writing and presentation;
- Good Software Skills (e.g. Autocad, Revit, Navisworks, Adobe, Aconex or similar software)
We offer you to become part of a family of passionate colleagues all working together to realise state of the art airport developments around the world. We offer an attractive salary package.