Senior Consultant Digital Twins
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you want to be part of the creation of a successful business in the digital twin space?
The digital transformation in society
Our clients and society faces growing challenges due to environmental change, urbanization, social and political movements and increasing competition. This results in an increased complexity of the connected world, where smart solutions are required to simplify this complexity to deliver better, cheaper and more sustainable services.
To do this, digital transformation, data and digital technology are key. Therefore we have started our journey to connect our 140 years of expertise with the potential of data and digital. And last year, Royal HaskoningDHV launched Royal HaskoningDHV Digital.
As Royal HaskoningDHV Digital we are connecting the digital with the physical world at an ever-faster pace. In collaboration with our clients and partners, we use the latest digital technologies to translate data into insights and prospects. In this way we structurally support our clients in taking the next step in the continuous optimization and sustainability of their business operations. Our motto, also in the inevitable Digital Transformation: "Let's Enhance Society Together!"
Royal HaskoningDHV Digital delivers both digital consultancy services, custom built data solutions as well as business and information services (SaaS) based on our deep domain knowledge. Royal HaskoningDHV Digital consist of almost 300 employees, working from our strongholds in the Netherlands and the UK, with front offices in the Houston, Paris and Singapore. For more info on Royal HaskoningDHV Digital, our services and projects we work on, visit our website.
In our portfolio, Digital Twins as key concept of integrating the physical and digital world, helps to understand the relation and interconnection of people, processes and ‘things’ that can be operationalized in systems; as well in real-time operation systems as for future analysis (simulation). We are convinced and it is our experience that this concept really help our clients in taking next steps in their digital transformation. For our vision on digital twins, blogs and industry best practices visit our website.
Our digital twin agenda is driven by a companywide strategic program
focusing on being recognized as thought leader and front runner in the digital
As part of our digital twin services portfolio of Royal HaskoningDHV Digital, we want to strengthen our digital twin consultancy services team.
This is a newly formed team where we bring together various experts to help clients in the definition of their digital twin strategies and support them on implementing digital twin roadmaps.
As part of this team, we want to strengthen our knowledge on IoT, (secure) connections between operational and information technology, balance between edge and cloud solutions and the value to use these for the development of new opportunities and business models.
Therefore we look for an inspirational and experiences consultants on the edge between business and technology, able to combine latest technologies with in depth business understanding.
Core tasks of this role:
- Participate as IoT expert in digital twin consultancy projects for clients in the above mentioned markets (water, industry, mobility);
- Active member of the value proposition team Digital Twin consultancy by contributing in developing our value proposition, go to market partnerships, tools and methodologies and to ensure the alignments with other consultancy teams;
- Especially provide input from an IoT expertise perspective into these value propositions: enabling technology services to deliver business value;
- Participate in commercial activities including the positioning (with support of marketing) these services in the market, initiated and lead discussion with selected key clients and generate a portfolio of activities;
- Lead where appropriate the execution of Digital Twin projects;
- Participate and take active role in further definition and building of the team to enable future growth.
What you bring?
We are looking for a combination of relevant experience and competencies:
- You have at least 5-10 years of relevant experience in bridging physical and digital challenges in the industry, water and/or mobility sector;
- You have an overview of the IoT value chain and identify opportunities for improvements;
- You are enthusiastic about technology, but are inspired to create value with this technology in a business context;
- Strong understanding of digital twins as key trend, what key drivers are and how to leverage digital twins to drive business and societal value;
- Strong understanding of relevant technology in this area: up to date and ability to discuss various alternatives with non-technical people;
- You are familiar with the digital themes of our digital services portfolio (f.e. data science, data engineering, GEO-ICT, dashboarding, software-development);
- You have a proven consultancy track record and skills set;
- You have strong affinities with business & IT architecture: abstract thinking and ordering skills;
- Consultative selling skills, like demonstrably skilled and effective in developing leads into concrete quotation requests.;
- You are a fast and effective networker with clear communication skills, both internally within the organization where you work, but especially in the market.;
- You are strong in building and maintaining relationships with (potential) clients;
- You have an independent, pragmatic, result driven and proactive mindset;
- You are capable defining the operational, tactical and strategical challenges from our customers into concrete (software) solutions;
- You are a team player internally: you know how to motivate the colleagues you need to make the contribution that is needed;
- You speak and write English and Dutch fluently.
What we offer?
We offer a great working atmosphere, short internal lines, within which collegiality and development of the organization and employees are the most important factors. We reward based on personal competences and the professional development opportunities are extensive. We combine this with an excellent package of flexible employment conditions and a good work-life balance such as flexible working hours and home working options.