Senior Data Scientist
Applying your skills in an open network of the brightest and smartest people around the world, where you are connected to innovative technologies. You will help clients in various industry sectors thrive in and you are part of industry leading work in AI, software development, data science and so much more!
What you do as Senior Data Scientist
First and foremost, you will apply data science and machine learning from an explorative proof of concept phase to real time production within scrum development teams. As Data Scientist you take the lead in concretising data science approaches for client projects, future solutions, or improvement of existing products. Furthermore, you will:
- Be a thought leader in data science by sharing your vision with our market and colleagues;
- Support a market approach with your knowledge about the possibilities of data science, machine learning and AI, by participating in customer calls and contributing to proposals;
- Coach and guide fellow data scientists.
About the team
As Senior Data Scientist, your home will be our Data Solutions department within Royal HaskoningDHV Digital. With your knowledge you’ll start in an overarching position collaborating with all our market oriented self-organising teams, after which you grow to one specific domain. We have a growth ambition and stay up to date by closely monitoring the latest developments in our field. Together we have the ambition to realise actionable insights and foresights for smarter designs and better processes within water systems, cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We call it: Data Science with Impact. Learning from and with each other is something we do during our nerd sessions and boot camps and by attending interesting conventions. In this manner, we maintain our state-of-the-art knowledge and expertise.
We are looking for a senior data scientist who, together with our Data Science Hub (guilt) and market-oriented teams, wants to take responsibility for realising data science solutions.
What you bring
For the role of Senior Data Scientist, we expect you to have a broad Python experience in a consultancy field. With common machine learning algorithms, like regression, decision tree, kNN, random forest, gradient boosting etc. for example. With this you position yourself as an expert and you like to take the lead. You have a commercial mind, which is why you enjoy seeing and creating new opportunities in the market based on technology. Your experience can be demonstrated through previous business development responsibilities and conversations you have had with customers.
- Have achieved a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer sciences, business analytics, AI or similar technical field of study;
- Have 4+ years of work experience as a data scientist;
- Can scrum;
- Know at least the fundamentals of the Microsoft Azure (ML/DevOps) and PowerBI;
- Are driven to solve environmental issues in our markets independently and with a team;
- Have demonstrable experience in collaborating within multidisciplinary teams;
- Have an ambition to further develop fellow data scientists by coaching them and sharing your knowledge;
- Are fluent in English. Dutch is a big plus.
What we offer you
You will work in a professional organisation within a group of high-skilled, likeminded colleagues and appealing (inter) national projects and products. You support these projects in a multidisciplinary environment with experts who are leaders in their field. Your work will contribute to enhancing society together. In addition, we offer good primary and secondary employment conditions as well as excellent opportunities for development in both width and depth. For example, we offer:
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Opportunities for international projects;
- Budget and time for personal development and is the possibility to qualify for talent programs at different levels;
- Travel opportunities.
Are you our new colleague?
Then we would like to get to know you! Apply now using the button below, or if you have any questions, please send them to [email protected].
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.