Senior Data Scientist
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital, we combine the latest digital technologies with over 140 years of engineering experience to help clients in various industry sectors to thrive in this new environment. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. By joining our data science team you are part of our industry-leading work in AI, software development, predictive modelling, data science, and so much more.
What will you do
- Apply data science and machine learning from an explorative proof of concept phase to real time production within scrum development teams;
- Taking the lead in concretising data science approaches for client projects, future solutions or improvement of existing products;
- Be a thought leader in data science by sharing your vision with our market and colleagues;
- Support a market approach with your knowledge about the possibilities of data science, machine learning and AI, by participating in customer calls and contributing to proposals;
- Coaching and guiding fellow data scientists.
About the team
Together we have the ambition to realise actionable insights and foresights for smarter designs and better processes within water systems, cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We call it: Data Science with Impact. Your home will be our Data Solutions department within Royal HaskoningDHV Digital. With your knowledge you’ll start in an overarching position collaborating with all our market oriented self-organising teams, after which you grow to one specific domain. We have a growth ambition and stay up to date by closely monitoring the latest developments in our field. We learn from, and with each other via our Data Science Hub during our nerd sessions, development sessions and by attending interesting (international) conventions. In this manner, we maintain our state-of-the-art knowledge and expertise.
We are looking for a senior data scientist who, together with our Data Science Hub (guilt) and market-oriented teams, wants to take responsibility for realising data science solutions.
What do you bring to the table
- You have achieved a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer sciences, business analytics, AI or similar technical field of study;
- You have 4+ years of work experience as a data scientist;
- For this role you have a broad Python experience in a consultancy field. Common machine learning algorithms, like regression, decision tree, kNN, random forest, gradient boosting etc. With this you position yourself as an expert and you like to take the lead;
- You have a commercial mind, so you enjoy seeing and creating opportunities in the market based on technology. You can demonstrate your experience through previous business development responsibilities and conversations you have had with customers;
- You know at least the fundamentals of the Microsoft Azure (ML/DevOps) and PowerBI;
- You are driven to solve environmental issues in our markets independently and with a team;
- In addition to hands-on modeling and programming, it is your ambition to further develop fellow data scientists by coaching them and sharing your knowledge;
- Finally, you have demonstrable experience in collaborating within multidisciplinary teams;
- Fluent in English. Dutch is a big plus;
- You scrum.
What we offer
You will work in a professional organisation within a group of high-skilled, likeminded colleagues and appealing (inter) national projects and products. You support these projects in a multidisciplinary environment with experts who are leaders in their field. Your work will contribute to enhancing society together. In addition, we offer good primary and secondary employment conditions as well as excellent opportunities for development in both width and depth. For example, we offer an attractive bonus scheme, flexible working conditions and opportunities for international projects, budget and time for personal development and travel opportunities. There is also the possibility to qualify for talent programs at different levels.
Would you like to know more about the job or the procedure? Please e-mail .
Interested? Please apply directly via the below button.