Senior Environmental Consultant (Marine)
- Newcastle (UK)
Senior Environmental Consultant (Marine)
About Royal HaskoningDHV
Royal HaskoningDHV has been connecting people for 140 years. Together, through our expertise and passion, we have helped contribute to a better society and improved people’s lives with work underpinned by our sustainable values and goals. We are an independent international engineering and project management consultancy leading the way in sustainable development and innovation.
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Environment Consultant - Marine to join our Environmental team based in Edinburgh and Newcastle.
You will need to be an efficient worker and enjoy the challenge of a growth-orientated environment with the ability to work in a team and, at times, independently. The role will require close working with members of the various environmental teams across the UK and in Europe, as well as with staff across other Business Lines. You will contribute proactively to ensure consulting services are consistently delivered to the highest standards, meeting and exceeding clients’ needs.
We have an extensive portfolio of work and the multi-faceted role will involve management/direction, and acquisition, of projects of various sizes and across different sectors including for example offshore renewables, ports and harbours, and nuclear. As a Senior Consultant, you will be expected to provide robust advice to other members of the HaskoningDHV team, be able to individually develop your own leads and promote rewarding business development, and assist in the smooth running and continued successful development of the wider Environment Group.
You will have extensive experience in the marine sector and appropriate knowledge of relevant regulatory frameworks and will be responsible for the management and delivery of projects, including the coordination and leadership of multidisciplinary teams. Your role will involve directly working with clients, problem solving and representing the Company in client offices, regulator meetings and sometimes high-pressured environments. It is likely that several projects would be managed and/or supported simultaneously.
Main work areas will be:-
- Environmental consultancy;
- Project Management and/or coordination
- Environmental assessment including feasibility studies and site selection; Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA)
- Consent compliance and discharge of conditions
- Input to environmental survey requirements, monitoring and data analysis
- General support to technical specialists and the wider team
You will have:-
- Bachelors (essential) and Masters degree (desirable) in marine environmental science, or related discipline
- Experience in marine development/EIA consultancy
- Experience working with marine regulators and stakeholders including MMO, Natural England, Cefas, MCA etc
- Understanding of environmental law, the EIA process, and relevant government policy
- Robust project management and financial management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organisational, analytical and time management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and also as part of a team
- Focused, articulate and professional in appearance and standard of work
- Commercial acumen and recognition of growth of services
- Confidence at the client-interface
- Willingness to travel, including possibly to international destinations
We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension scheme, discretionary company bonus, Medical and Dental care, Life Insurance, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. Our contributory pension scheme has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark, the highest standard of excellence available for UK company pension schemes.