Senior (game) developer
Who is the Royal HaskoningDHV Digital Twin Team?
Digital Twins have the potential to radically transform the way we think and operate as a society - providing the insight and agility needed to turn reactive decision-making into proactive problem-solving.
Driven by real-time data, a digital twin is a virtual mirror of a real-world asset, process or entire system, like a supply chain or city. This mirror provides insight into how that asset or process behaves now, how it behaved in the past and how it will behave under a variety of predicted or simulated conditions. We unite these insights through state-of-the-art game engine based, 3D (AR/VR) interfaces. These Digital Twins help to improve decision-making, optimise processes, manage risk and develop more informed solutions to today’s big societal and environmental challenges.
Goal of the Digital Twin team is to integrate and productise Royal HaskoningDHV Digital Twin software capabilities, making it possible to deliver more and better software services to more clients. Digital Twin Team is part of the Business Unit Software, working according to SAFe principles (Scaled Agile Framework). The market focus of our Business Unit software is Water (solving Global Water issues) and Industry.
What are we looking for?
You are a senior developer who will help us to create our Digital Twin software platform, building a game engine based, 3D User Interface that integrates different, disparate sources of data and insights and can be easily finetuned to specific needs of individual clients and end-users.
As senior developer you coach, lead and help our young and enthusiastic development team. You help and challenge the team to come up with the right technical solutions and with innovative ideas. You help the team to grow as individual developers and as a team. Next to your role in the development team you help the product owner with ideas to make the product better.
Your focus is on the development of reusable components and the integrations of our Unreal platform with back-end systems. You will work together with our front-end developers, the different development teams within the Business Unit Software and our platform architect.
You make sure we set a strong technical basis for future development and interoperability of components. But you also have an agile mindset to grow the product iteratively and ‘fix’ things when needed.
- Leading the professionalisation of the DevOps team by introducing DevOps/XP practices like pair programming, unit testing, test automation, CI/CD pipeline, etc.
- Development of reusable components and integrations with back-end systems.
- Working with the architect and the wider Reference architecture.
- Working with the product owner to specify required (changes to) reusable components for the Digital Twin platform.
- Taking part in the team (Scrum) and Business Unit Software (SAFe) events.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Good understanding of the design concepts for game engines and back-end (cloud) architecture and general DevOps best practices.
- A real team player with good communication and organisation skills. Able to quickly engage with individuals across different functions.
- Sleeves rolled-up approach. Self-driven, innovative and pushes for high-quality outcomes. Enthusiastic to make a difference in an ambitious and growing business.
- Strategic thinking and a clear vision that you can transfer well. Combined with an agile mindset to grow our product iteratively.
- Can establish a technically strong foundation with the team for this part of the Digital Twin platform.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in c++.
- At least 2 years of experience with Game development, preferably Unreal Engine.
- At least 2 years of experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud services.
- Knowledge of Mendix and NodeJs is a plus.
- Demonstrable experience with SaaS software and complex products.
- A relevant grade Setting up innovative services that are 'new' for end users. Simplify complexity.
- Language: English and preferably Dutch.
What we offer
You will work together with smart-like minded colleagues with a passion for digital. It is a diverse and growing team of enthusiast colleagues that want to make a positive impact together. We offer you:
- A good salary.
- Flexibility in your working hours and working place. Work from home or in one of our many offices.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise through courses, hackathons, workshops and bootcamps.
- Digital Hubs where you can grow with you peers.
- Countless career opportunities within our international company.
Would you like to know more about the job or the procedure? Please e-mail [email protected].
Interested? Please apply directly via the below button.