Senior (Game) Developer
Helping to improve decision-making, optimising processes, and managing risk to develop more informed solutions to today’s big societal and environmental challenges. That is what you do as Senior (Game) Developer, while working with other likeminded individuals to create a strong basis for future development to make a positive impact together!
What you do as Senior (Game) Developer
In this role you will help create our Digital Twin software platform. You will do this by building a game engine based, 3D User Interface that integrates different, disparate sources of data and insights and can be easily finetuned to specific needs of individual clients and end-users. By coaching and coaching our young and enthusiastic development team, you help them grow as individual developers and as a team. You will also help the Product Owner with ideas to make the product better.
Your focus is on the development of reusable components and the integrations of our Unreal platform with back-end systems. Doing so while working together with our Front-end Developers, the different development teams within the Business Unit Software and our Platform Architect. You make sure we set a strong technical basis for future development and interoperability of components. All the while having an agile mindset to grow the product iteratively and ‘fix’ things when needed.
Furthermore, you will:
- Lead the professionalisation of the DevOps team by introducing DevOps/XP practices like pair programming, unit testing, test automation, CI/CD pipeline, etc.;
- Develop reusable components and integrations with back-end systems;
- Work with the Architect and the wider Reference architecture;
- Work with the Product Owner to specify required (changes to) reusable components for the Digital Twin platform;
- Take part in the team (Scrum) and Business Unit Software (SAFe) events.
Where you will work
As Senior (Game) Developer, you will become part of the Digital Twin team. Digital Twins have the potential to radically transform the way we think and operate as a society - providing the insight and agility needed to turn reactive decision-making into proactive problem-solving.
Driven by real-time data, a digital twin is a virtual mirror of a real-world asset, process, or entire system, like a supply chain or city. This mirror provides insight into how that asset or process behaves now, how it behaved in the past and how it will behave under a variety of predicted or simulated conditions. We unite these insights through state-of-the-art game engine based, 3D (AR/VR) interfaces. These Digital Twins help to improve decision-making, optimise processes, manage risk, and develop more informed solutions to today’s big societal and environmental challenges.
The main goal of the Digital Twin team is to integrate and productise Royal HaskoningDHV Digital Twin software capabilities, making it possible to deliver more and better software services to more clients. Digital Twin Team is part of the Business Unit Software, working according to SAFe principles (Scaled Agile Framework). The market focus of our Business Unit software is Water (solving Global Water issues) and Industry.
What you bring
As Senior (Game) Developer you can translate business requirements into technical solutions and have a good understanding of the design concepts for game engines, including back-end (cloud) architecture and general DevOps best practices. In this role it is important to be able to quickly engage with individuals across different functions, therefore you must be a real team player with good communication and organisation skills. With your sleeves rolled-up approach you are self-driven, innovative and push for high-quality outcomes. That is how you enthusiastically make a difference in an ambitious and growing business!
We expect you to be able to think strategically, with a clear vision which you can transfer well to others, combined with an agile mindset to grow our product iteratively. With your skills, you can establish a technically strong foundation with the team for this part of the Digital Twin platform.
Furthermore, you have:
- A minimum 4 years of experience in C++;
- 2 years of experience with Game development, preferably Unreal Engine;
- 2 years of experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud services;
- Demonstrable experience with SaaS software and complex products;
- A relevant grade setting up innovative services that are 'new' for end users. Simplify complexity;
- English and preferably Dutch language skills;
- Knowledge of Mendix and NodeJs is a plus.
What we offer you
You will work together with smart-like minded colleagues with a passion for digital. It is a diverse and growing team of enthusiast colleagues that want to make a positive impact together. We offer you:
- A good salary;
- Flexibility in your working hours and working place. Work from home or in one of our many offices;
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise through courses, hackathons, workshops and bootcamps;
- Digital Hubs where you can grow with you peers;
- Countless career opportunities within our international company.
Are you our new colleague?
Then we would like to meet you, apply now using the button below! Do you have any questions regarding the role or procedure? Then please send them to [email protected].
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.