Senior Systems Analyst
As earth’s population is growing, we as a company believe everyone should have an equal opportunity to live a healthy, happy and meaningful life. Our motto is “enhancing society together”, we aim to make a difference in the world.
More and more we are integrating our digital solutions with the “real world”. In cooperation with our customers and partners we use our data and algorithms to produce predictions. Combined with our expertise and knowledge, these predictions enable us to help our clients fix problems or to prevent them from happening in the first place.
Our company was founded over 135 years ago and we currently have more than 6000 people working in 140 distinct countries. Our people aim to improve the future and build a legacy for future generations.
We have developed the Aquasuite platform to intelligently monitor and control the water cycle. All over the world Aquasuite prevents leakages, improves energy efficiency and chemical usage, while improving water quality and reducing costs. Techniques like data science, machine learning and real time control are used to find solutions for water challenges all over the world. In the last 25 years Aquasuite has proved itself as a stable and robust solution installed on hundreds of water systems in the world.
About the Team
The team consists of more than 30 enthusiastic people with a passion for wastewater treatment, drinking water, water transport, process engineering, data science and ICT. We innovate by working together. Challenging each other stimulates us to get the best results out of our team and ourselves. Respect for one another and a safe work environment are the foundations our team is built on. Together we enhance society and we are proud of our achievements. On a regular basis we celebrate our success and try to build an even stronger team.
As an Aquasuite Systems Analyst you seek to continuously improve our Control and Analytics applications to meet customer needs and support our hypergrowth ambitions. As a liaison between product management and software development, you translate functional and non-functional requirements into user stories, algorithm specifications, test scenarios and architecture proposals. You work closely with developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction. In the operational systems, you gather data, identify, investigate, resolve and escalate problems as needed. Best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance are the foundations of your work and you are constantly reviewing, updating and improving the technical documentation.
As part of your professional development, you attend educational workshops, review professional publications, establish personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participate in professional societies.
We are looking for an experienced Systems Analyst who knows all about modern serverless Cloud applications, but also has experience in modernizing legacy applications and who would like to use his/her experience to teach other colleagues the ins and outs of state-of-the-art software development.
Who you are
Software Development is your profession, and in the world, we live in there are a lot of job opportunities for you. But you want to feel you contribute to society, you want to build software that really makes a difference. And you want to do this in a modern innovative Engineering Consultancy company.
- You have achieved a master’s degree in computer sciences or similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in a Systems Analyst role or similar
- You have experience with Azure PaaS solutions, C#, .NET Core, CI/CD and automated testing
- You have experience with legacy code bases in C and VB.Net
- You have experience with working in an agile (scrum) product development environment
- Any experiences with the water sector or process automation is a plus
- You have strong analytical skills with high attention to detail
- You are a self-starter, always looking for ways to improve our services
- You work independently, but align often with stakeholders and ask for help when needed
- You love coaching and helping others, and you are always approachable for colleagues to ask questions
- You like working in an organization that values teamwork
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Dutch is a plus
- You think it’s important that the work you do daily contributes to improving the world we live in.
What we offer
- Working in a team that has a passion for water and an exciting hypergrowth ambition
- Working with the latest cloud technologies and concepts like machine learning, predictive analytics, digital twins and real time control
- An office that is well reachable by car and public transport
- An open floor plan that promotes teamwork or up to three days of working from home.
- Lunch can be enjoyed in our company restaurant or while walking outside in the forest
- An indoor garden with fish and turtles
- Of course, we offer a competitive salary and good secondary employment conditions
- We encourage personal development and offer a range of courses available in our Digital Academy
- Improving yourself using resources outside the academy
- Plenty of career opportunities within the company.
Are you interested in this opportunity? Then please contact us as soon as possible. To apply, please send us your motivation letter and CV. We are always open for a conversation or a more elaborate explanation about what we do.