Software Engineer - Simulation Technology
With your innovative mindset you are
eager to work on impactful projects about technical innovation and the latest
pioneering techniques. In this job you will make the change by creating predictive simulation and
optimisation software and related consulting support. This is the ideal opportunity to further grow your software
engineering skills in a collaborative and international organisation.
What you do as a Software Engineer
Software Engineer you will be part of the team responsible for the design and
development of our Discrete Event Simulation software product (WITNESS). In
this position, you will work on our desktop visualization and simulation
engine technology in a challenging way. By following an agile development
process, we can ensure development cycles meet customer needs with a strong
emphasis on quality.
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and enhance our simulation products - desktop, OEM and cloud-based
- Provide accurate estimations for stories (features), break stories into tasks, write tests and write code to validate and implement features
- Address software defects and improve performance
- Automate any tedious development process
- Provide quality software documentation
- Assist the support desk with technical queries
Where you will work
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital we are connecting the digital with the physical world at an ever-faster pace. In collaboration with our clients and partners, we use the latest digital technologies to translate data into insights and prospects. In this way, we structurally support our clients in taking the next step in the continuous optimization and sustainability of their business operations. Our purposeful mission is therefore: "Enhance Society Together!" You can make an impact in your daily work and make a real difference. By connecting minds and embracing creativity, we are building a culture of diversity and empowerment.
You will be part of Lanner which is a company of Royal HaskoningDHV within the business line Digital. Lanner is widely acknowledged as a pioneering leader in predictive simulation and optimisation software and related consulting support. Enabled by a suite of highly visual and quantitative WITNESS and L-SIM predictive simulation technologies, Lanner delivers rapid business transformation and performance improvements that has helped over 1500 of the world’s best firms deliver billions of dollars in business benefits.
What you bring
With your self-motivated and positive attitude, you help organisations in an increasingly complex and digital world by connecting people to their business, its data, and processes. While doing this, you feel comfortable interacting with a wide variety of development team members and the wider company team.
Besides that, you have:
- A minimum of 2-3 years C/C++ programming experience
- Visual C++ /MFC experience and COM/ATL (BCGSoft isuseful)
- A well-formulated writing style with a testable and readable code, using appropriate software design patterns
- A commitment to quality and delivery timescales
It is desirable if you have:
- Experience with 3D systems – WebGL, OpenGL, DirectX or game engines
- Experience with Agile development processes (SCRUM/SAFe etc)
- Experience with automated test tools xUnit/NUnit/MSTest etc
- Any knowledge of Discrete Event Simulation (DES) or Agent based simulation
What we offer you
Besides growing your career in a dynamic and inspiring workplace with development opportunities, you can expect to receive:
- A competitive annual salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- A contributory pension scheme
- Medical & Dental Healthcare Plans (Subject to eligibility)
- Discretionary Profit-Related Payment Scheme
- Starting on 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays which increases with length of service
- A hybrid working environment of working in the office and working remotely
- A discounted Gym membership
- Cycle to work schemes
Are you our new colleague?
We would like to meet you! Click on the apply button and upload your resume and motivation letter. After receiving your application, we will contact you as soon as possible. Are we all enthusiastic after this? Then you will receive an offer from us, and we will be happy to welcome you on board!
Due to the privacy law, please submit your application via the apply button and not via email.
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.