UK sales director Aquasuite, digital water platform
- United Kingdom
Today’s utilities face numerous new challenges.
Rapid urbanisation and population growth are placing a strain on resources,
environmental concerns are driving the need for greater sustainability, and
digitisation is transforming well-established methodologies. To meet these
challenges head-on, firms must adapt now –or risk being left behind.
At Royal HaskoningDHV Digital, we combine the latest digital technologies with over 140 years of engineering experience to help clients in various sectors to thrive in this new environment. Backed by the expertise and experience of nearly 6,000 colleagues across the world, we work for public and private clients in more than 130 countries.
Enhancing Society Together is our aim and water is one of its key elements. We believe we can create significant value by embracing the latest digital technologies to improve water supply and treatment. We have developed Aquasuite®, a software solution that uses AI to provide analytics and an autopilot: the virtual operator. All over the world Aquasuite improves performance, reduces risks and costs, prevents water loss, reduces energy and chemical usage, while improving water quality. Data science, machine learning and real time control are used to deliver solutions for water challenges. In the last 25 years, Aquasuite has proved itself as a stable and robust solution installed on hundreds of water systems in the world.
To further grow our success, we are looking for an experienced sales director to expand the UK Water market.
Context of the position
You will be part of Aquasuite’s international business development team and responsible for sales and business development primarily in the UK Water Market. Together with the team, you will be building up our footprint in the market and building out our solutions within the water and wastewater sector. You will be supported by our business and product developers, the marketing team and by our water consultants and specialists. You will align closely with your colleagues in the wider group and in different regions to align and optimise your market approach.
You will be exploring existing and new, alternative, sales channels and you will be looking out for best ways to promote Aquasuite. Being part of the Aquasuite team you will also explore opportunities for scaling-up our existing products.
The Aquasuite team consists of more than 50 enthusiastic people with a passion for water engineering, data science, software and improving society. We innovate by working together. Challenging each other stimulates us to get the best results out of our team and ourselves. Respect for one another and a safe work environment are the foundations our team is built on. Together we enhance society and we are proud of our achievements.
What you bring?
- Proven business development track record in the water and/or wastewater sector
- Relevant network on senior and executive level
- Understanding and aptitude for digital products and services
- Consultative selling: capable of understanding, diagnosing client problems and translating into solutions. Knowing when to involve experts.
- Strong technical understanding, enabling you to translate complex technical information into easy to understand propositions for clients
- Knowledge of the smart water market and its competitors would be an asset
- Commercially aware and focused on optimising business results
- Develops productive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders on different organisational levels
- Excellent communication skills, including strong and confident presentation skills to highest levels of decision makers
- Tactful, diplomatic and persuasive, able to listen and understand
- Highly motivated and energetic self-starter, hands-on approach
- Stress resilient and flexible
- Willing to travel abroad
- Fluent in English
The opportunity to make a difference in a challenging, senior position. We are an attractive employer with a good national and international market position that offers lots of opportunities for personal and professional development. We offer an inspiring working environment in a professional and internationally successful company. Characteristic of our company are the freedom and responsibility to develop own initiatives. Our company culture is characterized by empowerment and accountability. We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.