The complex nature of these waterside developments requires an integrated approach, encompassing engineering and environmental issues on land and in the water. Therefore, our primary focus is the relationship between water, land and the urban context.
Spanning from the development of yacht harbours and cruise terminals to large breakwaters, sea defences and man-made islands, Royal HaskoningDHV has a proven track record in delivering solutions for the water’s edge environment by combining in-house expertise from our maritime, coastal, rivers, and environment experts. Our services include:Market studies and business case development.
- Master planning
- Social and environmental impact assessment
- Modelling studies
- Architectural, urban and landscape design
- Maritime civil and structural design (e.g. pontoons, quay walls, breakwaters, shore protection, flood protection measures, dredging and reclamation)
- Quantity surveying and cost consultancy services
- Inspections and maintenance