Are you looking for your next career step? Do you have a true passion to align business growth ambitions with the external world? This role will provide you the opportunity to drive our business agenda through the development of process engineering solutions, support the winning and delivery of best value Nereda technology solutions.
What you will do as a Process Engineer
As a process engineer you will be working in Nereda® operations team, supporting process design, commissioning, and operation of Nereda® projects worldwide.
Your tasks will be:
- For Nereda opportunities, you harness our best practice process design tools, review basis of design, and performance data to identify best value Nereda® solutions.
- For allocated Nereda contracts, you provide process design activities, including confirmation of basis of design, process calculations, Nereda plant and equipment sizing, mass balance calculations, process risk assessment, and process guarantee (where needed).
- You provide process start-up strategy, deliver training, undertake process start-up, monitor performance, and Take Over tests.
- For allocated Nereda Operational contracts, you provide process performance support, promoting optimizations in operational sites, analysing and interpreting data, tackling problems, troubleshooting and supporting the decision making.
- As an active member of the Nereda Business Unit global technical team, you support R&D projects, process improvement initiatives, and smart water solutions.
Where you will work
Royal HaskoningDHV is a worldwide independent engineering, project management, and consultancy firm which integrates 140 years of engineering expertise with digital technologies and software solutions. Our 6,000 colleagues are working from offices in more than 25 countries across the world. Through our mission Enhancing Society Together, we take responsibility for having a positive impact in the world. As our new Process Engineer, you will become part of the Water Technology Products team.
The Business Unit Water Technology Products of the Business Line Water & Maritime delivers Nereda® wastewater technology all over the world. With more than 80 projects in 6 continents, Nereda® plants are internationally being used for sustainable and cost-effective treatment of domestic and industrial wastewater.
What you bring
This role might be right for you if you:
- have a BSc or higher educational degree in Environmental or Chemical Engineering or other similar studies
- have from 3-5 years relevant working experience
- have a good background knowledge in wastewater treatment technologies
- have experience with data interpretation and analytical tools
- are knowledgeable in water sector standards and requirements
- have at least 2 years experience in process design, together with project delivery, commissioning, and performance monitoring experience
- have excellent command of English (verbal and in writing)
- are enthusiastic and like teamwork
- have the drive, confidence, and resilience to get things done
- can make objective decisions and come up with original ideas
- are good at absorbing information, critical thinking, analysing, and solving problems.
What we offer you
Within our company, you will be able to develop yourself while working on challenging projects, both in the Netherlands and worldwide. Besides that, we also offer you:
- a good work-life balance, including a laptop and company cell phone so you can work wherever and whenever you want
- 28 holidays based on a 40-hour work week
- a good primary salary and pension accrual through our own pension fund
- a wrokplace in any Royal HaskoningDHV office in the Netherlands and travel allowance or a NS-Business Card
- lifelong learning by offering you plenty of training & development opportunities
- personal budget which you can use to buy extra days off, to buy a bicycle or just to have some additional salary
- have access to and apply state-of-the-art techniques and knowledge in the fields of wastewater treatment
- work at the interface of 2 Business Lines: Water & Maritime, where our 140 years of expertise lie, and Digital, our newest and fast-developing team
- see the (high-quality) output of your work applied to customers across the world
- growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities and support on your career path
- our challenging Young Professional Program in which you focus on developing your hard and soft skills, together with other young professionals within the organisation
- Young Royal HaskoningDHV that organises inspiring events, workshops, and excursions with colleagues inside and outside the Netherlands.
Are you our new colleague?
We would like to meet you! Click on the apply button and upload your CV and motivation letter in English. Although the system allows the submission of a LinkedIn profile, the hiring manager will only process candidates who will submit a CV and motivation letter.
After receiving your application, we will contact you as soon as possible. The application process then consists of interviews and a possibly of an assessment. Are we all enthusiastic after this? Then you will receive an offer from us, and we will be happy to welcome you on board!
For more information, you can always contact Michelle Spoor, Lead Recruiter Water and Maritime, at [email protected]
Due to the privacy law, please submit your application via the apply button and not via email.
Acquisition for this vacancy by agencies is not appreciated and offered candidates will not be taken into consideration.