In this role you make impact as a financial business partner. You work closely with Project Managers and Department Directors. By working intensively together in both the Proposal phase and the Execution phases of projects, you are able to add value to the successful execution of projects. Are you looking to kick start your career? Or are you looking for the next challenge? Then this position is meant for you!
What you do as a Project Controller
As a Project Controller you work alongside our project managers, you contribute, influence and mitigate risks of projects. But you are not only a business partner for our project managers, you are also indispensable for our line management. You support them with independent financial analyses for the advisory group on a wide range of topics, such as: project results, working capital, portfolio analysis, services & clients, review the P&L on actual versus budgeted cost, future workload versus capacity etc.
You will use the company’s Project Health Check application, which generates project performance information. This will help you to look both backwards and more often forward, to provide analysis for decision making and project performance improvement purposes, using forthcoming data analytics opportunities.
Furthermore, you will:
- Cultivate effective relationship with all relevant business customers such as project managers, line management and other stakeholders
- Support the Business Unit Controller in delivering both regular and limited ad-hoc reporting and analyses
- Challenge the proposal manager during the proposal phase of non-routine tenders on financial and risk related topics like strategic fit, risk/reward balance, pricing, invoicing, cash flow, (international) tax, currency risks and pre-financing
- Pro-actively signal areas of improvement and challenge project managers on non-resolved project issues with a potential impact on the financial results (e.g. on forecasted results)
- Discuss identified areas of improvement with project managers and flag potential areas of concern that project managers need to communicate to line management
- Carry other relevant duties the Finance line manager requests, such as participating in improvement teams/cooperation within Finance team
You get the freedom to work mostly independently and determine your own priorities without being constanty monitored by your manager and your work is reviewed based on achieved results. However, this does not mean that you are on your own. You will receive on the job training, coaching and support from our Business Unit Controller and your Project Control colleague.
Where you will work
Within Finance at Royal HaskoningDHV, we have more than 200 Finance professionals active in different countries, divided over business and financial control. We support the organization on everything that is financial. You will join a team of 12-15 colleagues in the Business Control Water unit. The team works in a buddy system and has a mix of junior, medior, and senior members who are more than willing to help each other out. This team definitely has an informal and good atmosphere!
What you bring
With your understanding of the finance & management control discipline and underlying principles, you have the capability to apply these in daily practice. You are capable of assessing the impact of relevant project issues on financial result (cash flow and profit) and because of your holistic view, you understand the key drivers behind a profitable project. Besides that, you have:
- Relevant Economics/Management accounting degree (preferred on academic level)
- 0 - 5 years of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of related disciplines (like data analytics, IT and risk management)
- Native verbal & written communication skills in Dutch; English is a plus
Additionally, you are:
- Strong business partner and commercially aware
- Strong analytical, influencing, and forward-looking skills
- Accurate and efficient
- Self-starter/pro-active approach to problem solving
- Independent and critical thinker combined with excellent team player skills, confident and forceful personality
- Willing to travel
What we offer youYou will work together with smart, like-minded colleagues on challenging projects. It is a diverse and growing team of enthusiast colleagues that want to make a positive impact. Besides that, we also offer you:
- A good work-life balance, including the flexibility to work partly from home
- 28 vacation days based on a 40-hour work week
- We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits.
- A workplace in our office in Amersfoort and travel allowance or a NS-Business Card
- An opportunity to develop as a (project) Controller/Financial expert in a large international company. We are an attractive employer with a good national and international market position that offers lots of opportunities for personal and professional development
- Possibilities to work abroad; RHDHV is active in many countries.
- Young Royal HaskoningDHV that organises inspiring events, workshops, and excursions with colleagues inside and outside the Netherlands. Do you also have up to 1 year of experience? Then you will also be invited to our Young Professionals Program!
Want to know why our people love working at Royal HaskoningDHV? Please check out our video!
Are you our new colleague?
We would like to meet you! Please apply with you CV and motivation letter via de application button. If you have any questions regarding this position feel free to send them to [email protected]
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.