This unique partnership supports our strategic ambition to invest in innovation and co-creation to deal with global challenges like climate change, urbanisation and resource scarcity.
CEO Royal HaskoningDHV
Erik Oostwegel continues: "As a company we can bring innovations and technologies developed by TU Delft to market, implementing them in our projects benefitting societies. It is by working together that we are able to make a real impact.”
The partnership is an extension of the previous one that resulted in the successful valorisation of sustainable water technologies like Kaumera and Nereda and collaboration in futureproof climate resilience, airport planning and transport modelling.
“I’m delighted about the renewed partnership. We have been closely connected with the university since the time our founding fathers graduated from Delft. Many of our experts have studied there and some are part-time lecturers. And in a few years’ time we will be opening our new office on the TU Delft Campus which will see us truly become part of the innovation ecosystem,” says Erik Oostwegel.
Tim van der Hagen: “TU Delft Campus is one of the leading locations for R&D in Europe. Collaboration with the business community is essential for developing radical innovations and realising our mission: impact for a better society.
“We are proud that Royal HaskoningDHV has chosen to further expand this innovation ecosystem with us. The collaboration with this internationally renowned engineering firm has already led to a number of successful innovations and we look forward to joining forces in new important research and innovation areas.”
The new partnership will focus on collaboration in:
- Research, including artificial intelligence (AI), and educating tomorrow’s (digital) engineers.
- Institutes and field labs for prototyping and testing, like Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions and The Green Village.
- Co-innovation initiatives where parties collaborate to create increased positive impact in society.
- Start-ups and spin-outs where Royal HaskoningDHV’s advice and network can be utilised.
- Education and Talent, including the Honours Programme, Joint Interdisciplinary Projects, student internships, graduation positions and guest lectures.