- During the mission Royal HaskoningDHV signed a multimillion-euro World Bank funded contract to make the Mekong Delta, which is home to millions of people, more resilient to climate change. One of the priorities of the project will be to deliver clean water and sanitation for all, in full support of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal 6.
- Royal HaskoningDHV also signed a Letter of Intent with the City of Da Nang to cooperate on the development of the city’s mainport function in support of sustainable economic growth. Royal HaskoningDHV, its company NACO, and Eindhoven International Project Office will be focusing on the development of the Airport City concept for Da Nang International Airport, the relocation of the port activities to the new Lien Chieu Sea Port, and a smart city programme.
- Furthermore, Royal HaskoningDHV is forming a public private partnership to develop sustainable flood protection for Greater Ho Chi Minh City. During the mission, the Dutch Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Vietnamese Government that supports further development of the PPP. Through an innovative business model, the private sector would finance, construct and maintain flood protection works, minimising the need for traditional (foreign) loans.
- NACO, Netherlands Airport Consultants (part of Royal HaskoningDHV), as leader of the Dutch Aviation Vietnam (DAV) - Partners for International Business programme together with local Vietnamese counterparts organised the 3rd annual aviation seminar. In the seminar Dutch expertise, knowledge and innovative solutions have been exchanged for safe, sustainable, and secure air transportation in Vietnam.
- Another Partners for International Business programme aiming to increase cooperation between Vietnamese and Dutch companies in inland waterway transport and ports, successfully kicked-off with workshops in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Royal HaskoningDHV is a leading partner to bring knowledge and experience in developing integrated, sustainable solutions for efficient port and inland waterway transport planning. In the workshops, new ideas were developed for improving the connectivity of the Mekong Delta to Ho Chi Minh City ports utilizing Smart River and Smart Port solutions.
Royal HaskoningDHV in Vietnam
Royal HaskoningDHV Vietnam established offices in 1985 when it was appointed by the World Bank/UNDP to undertake the emergency rehabilitation of a sea dyke destroyed by a typhoon. Since then, Royal HaskoningDHV Vietnam has developed into a strong local market player and a strategic hub for Royal HaskoningDHV operation in South East Asia. Together with clients and partners, it strives to contribute to a better society and improve people’s lives by designing smart cities airports, ports, buildings, water supply networks and more.