Initial concepts for the system comprised:
- Offshore intake head structure and pipeline
- Onshore sediment trap, pumping station pipelines
- Land transfer and discharge outfall pipelines
We provided specialist design and consultancy services to present a solution that met the client’s requirements both in terms of process and environment for the seawater cooling system.
Our services to the Client included:
- concept refining
- total system hydraulic design
- hydrodynamic and thermal recirculation modelling
- wave and sedimentation modelling
- survey specifications for geotechnical, ambient water and sediment sampling
- early contractor engagement and cost estimates
Our expertise allowed the client to make informed decisions on the best layout to meet both process and environmental requirements. Future scope included detailed design to allow the appointment of contractors to implement the project.