Royal HaskoningDHV provided technical assistance for a new Marine Framework proposed by the client, Yorkshire Water Services. The Marine Framework consists of the renewal and maintenance of existing outfalls in the Yorkshire Water asset base, in which Royal HaskoningDHV will provide consultancy services for Project Planning, Conceptual Design, Tender Assistance and Construction Supervison.
The challengeAs part of the Marine Framework and the first outfall asset to require replacement, Yorkshire Water Services (YWS) appointed Royal HaskoningDHV to provide the technical support for the replacement and renewal of Wheatcroft Outfall, situated 3km south of Scarborough on the North East coast of England. The existing Wheatcroft Outfall was a 357mm steel pipeline, discharging effluent from a food processing factory. The outfall had reached the end of its operational life. Royal HaskoningDHV were required to provide the Concept Design, Survey / Site Investigation Specifications and Technical Construction Support and Supervision for the Wheatcroft outfall replacement works.
Our solutionConsidering the requirements of Yorkshire Water, Royal HaskoningDHV provided the Design and Tender documents for a 2.5km long, 355mmOD PE replacement outfall to allow them to procure the suitable contractor from the marine framework.
The solution included:
- Offshore pipe routing and alignment;
- Design of pipe weighting, hydraulics, construction techniques, scour and backfill;
- Specification of Geotechnical and Construction works;
- Production of Tender documents and assessment;
- Technical Construction Support and site supervision during construction phase.
The outcomeRoyal HaskoningDHV developed an excellent working relationship with Yorkshire Water Services, providing a high-quality, professional service and helping to deliver a successful project. The project was delivered on time and to budget, furthering the strong client relationship. Wheatcroft Outfall was a crucial project for Yorkshire Water, as the first asset to be replaced under the new Marine Framework.
- ClientYorkshire Water Services
- Locationthe United Kingdom
- Period2012 - 2016
- ScopeTechnical support for the replacement and renewal of Wheatcroft Outfall, situated 3km south of Scarborough on the North East coast of England.
- SolutionRoyal HaskoningDHV provided the Design and Tender documents for a 2.5km long, 355mmOD PE replacement outfall to allow them to procure the suitable contractor from the marine framework.